Guild Wars 2

Doc

I never did that thing to gain heroes rank, only PvP I did was random arenas and AB...got Deadly gladiator or whatever the 4th title is =}

Did they make HM easier or what you mean by easier to obtain?

Legendary Defender of Ascalon is when you hit level 20 in pre-searing. They tell what they did.

Here:

Captain Langmar—or Lieutenant, as her rank was then—is making an appearance in Pre-Searing. She's got two good eyes and nine new daily quests with her. These quests will scale both in difficulty and rewards relative to the level of the player taking the quests. Because of this, these quests will always remain relevant to your character's growth if you are trying to reach level 20 in Pre-Searing.

This addition is mostly to provide a legitimate way for players to achieve the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title. Previously, this title was obtainable only through an unusual exploit of the game's mechanics: "death leveling." For this exploit, players allowed enemies to kill them repeatedly until the enemies leveled to a point where they were once again worth experience to the player. This was an incredibly time-consuming process, often requiring months to achieve. While this shows noble dedication from our players, we should not have encouraged such a counterintuitive style of playing. Instead, we are adding these daily quests to do the title justice and to let players legitimately play the game to earn the title. After all, do you really feel like a Legendary Defender of Ascalon after letting the charr kill you endlessly?

These quests become available to players once they reach level 10, to avoid confusion among new players about how long they should remain in Pre-Searing. Because these quests occur daily, obtaining the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title is still going to require a major time investment from the player and should not devalue the achievement of those who already have it.

— Developer updates

tl;dr, they put in a daily quest that adjusts to your level.

• 2 weeks later...

Winds of Change should be coming out this week.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Winds_of_Change

Winds of Change is the third chapter of Guild Wars Beyond and will take place in Cantha. Like other Beyond content, it will foreshadow the events leading up to the state of Tyria during Guild Wars 2.

Winds of Change is planned to be released before July 9, 2011.

Completion of the Factions campaign will be the only requirement to begin Winds of Change.[3]

The story of Hearts of the North has a connection to Winds of Change,[reference?] most likely Miku and her background story.

Winds of Change "involves the plight of the tengu, the origins of the Ministry of Purity, and the isolation of the entire continent."[4][5]

The amount of story content will be comparable to a small expansion.[6]

Winds of Change will contain 3 acts, each with its own story conclusion. The first will consist of 42 quests (including Hard Mode quests).[7][1]

Some quests will alter the spawns of explorable areas upon completion and some locations will get altered multiple times. There will also be optional encounters that begin appearing upon completion of certain quests.[1]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Closed beta has began for GW2.

They also released the Mesmer profession. Looks gay, but whatever.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

I lost interest in GW2 once again. They drug it out over 2-3 damn years, with an update every 2 months.. pathetic, I think. At least WoW updates their homepage almost daily.

Closed beta has began for GW2.

They also released the Mesmer profession. Looks gay, but whatever.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

I lost interest in GW2 once again. They drug it out over 2-3 damn years, with an update every 2 months.. pathetic, I think. At least WoW updates their homepage almost daily.

I'm still looking forward to making another Necro, and trying out Thief (which is probably the exact same as Assassin).