The Avengers

Rafi

Damn, I walked out before the 2nd extra scene. It kept me entertained and was a good movie. Was upset to see that Natalie Portman wasn't in it, though. :(

Seen it 3 times already and probably will be seeing it at least once more in the theatre. I love the movie a lot. Only criticism that I have is I feel they could've done more with Thor in the movie. Other than that it was a solid film with plenty of action.

Has anyone seen it in 3d? Were any parts of it actually filmed specifically for 3d? Most 3d movies I don't find worth it because it's just digitally translated 2d, and feels the exact same as 2d after a few minutes. Unless it's specifically filmed for 3d it strikes me as just a gimmick.

This movie was so fucking good.

@Rafi: Edward Norton wanted way more money than all of the other leads, and refused to sign on. So that's his own problem for being a douche, as much as I like him as an actor.

I heard that there was never even an official negotiation— both the director, studio, and Norton were excited about the prospect and then poof. The studio said one thing and Norton said another after when the other dude was cast.

Has anyone seen it in 3d? Were any parts of it actually filmed specifically for 3d? Most 3d movies I don't find worth it because it's just digitally translated 2d, and feels the exact same as 2d after a few minutes. Unless it's specifically filmed for 3d it strikes me as just a gimmick.

This movie was so fucking good.

@Rafi: Edward Norton wanted way more money than all of the other leads, and refused to sign on. So that's his own problem for being a douche, as much as I like him as an actor.

I heard that there was never even an official negotiation— both the director, studio, and Norton were excited about the prospect and then poof. The studio said one thing and Norton said another after when the other dude was cast.

What other reason could it be?

I watched the movie last night, I had my doubts about this movie as im not a marvel fan but i was really entertained by this movie it was amazing in 3D

I saw it on Saturday.. in 3D, front row and all. It was fucking epic. I'm not even really "into" the superhero thing but I honestly would not object to going to see this movie a few more times in theaters. Don't really know if there was anything extra included for 3D or not, I suppose I can let you know once I've gone to see it in 2D.

The Hulk stole the movie, with the bits he had later in the movie (I don't want to ruin anything but if you've seen it I'm sure you know what I'm talking about lol).

I think Mark Ruffalo is a good Hulk. I saw the movie with Edward Norton and can't say I really remember it, didn't leave much of an impression on me and I seem to associate him with movies that aren't Hulk related.

I was really glad that Edward Norton wasn't the Hulk. He's a good actor and all, but Mark Ruffalo portrayed the Hulk better than Norton could.

I saw it in 3d and have watched several movies in 3d. That is pretty much exactly how I feel about all the 3d movies I watched in the last year or 2, lol. There's the occasional definite 3d scene here and there to remind you the movie is 3d, but other than that I never really notice anything special.

I watched it in 3D and thought it was still 2D... The only thing that reminded me it was 3D were the glasses.

Houston Coog

I watched it both 3d and 2d, wasn't much of a difference except for a few scenes. I honestly like 2D better though since i'm used to watching big screen tvs

The Loki/Hulk scene made my day, saw it for three bucks yesterday (a dollar a person) with this girl and her friend.. was hilarious yet really entertaining and down right action filled haha.

It's post-production 3D. As in, filmed in 2D, then changed to 3D in the editing phase. Thus, watch it in 2D ;)

Saw it on Saturday, I liked it, looking forward to the sequel. I stayed for the first extra scene at the end before the credits, but didn't stay for the last one :(

Downey Jr great as Iron Man, and Hulk provided a lot of humor for the movie as well

Figured about as much with the 3d. The only movies in the last few years that I've heard were actually better in 3d were Avatar and Hugo, and I wasn't able to get to theaters to see Hugo.

• 4 weeks later...

I was a little dissapointed with the story line tbh. They cut over 30mins of the movies story line that focused around captain America coming to terms with his new life and Iron Man helpin him. And I'd have much rather seen a 3 hour movie with more story line than tbh :/ Was amazing though!

I was a little dissapointed with the story line tbh. They cut over 30mins of the movies story line that focused around captain America coming to terms with his new life and Iron Man helpin him. And I'd have much rather seen a 3 hour movie with more story line than tbh :/ Was amazing though!

Agreed. Maybe they'll be an extended edition DvD release. I've always favored plot supported by some action to action supported by some plot in my superhero movies.