Pizza + tip

Emeraldwpn

no what the fuck its his job to deliver pizza. if he wants more money tell him to get on his knees.

The delivery fee doesn't go to them, and they are responsible for their own gas, car repairs, etc. People who don't tip delivery drivers are dicks.

In Canada, not tipping is more insulting than spitting in his face.

I am an extremely generous tipper, in all aspects of life, but I am slightly annoyed at the gross expectation for me to tip a certain amount. It kind of defeats the purpose of tipping.

But I do love the reactions I get when I travel down south and tip like I would at home. It's like they've never been tipped properly before!

Edited by Memphus

The only time I didn't tip a delivery guy was when he accused me of trying to steal from him after he handed me my $20 bill underneath my stack of change.

I'm loving the answers here, I wish I lived where you guys lived. If I didn't tip at least 10% (more expected to be 20%) for a pizza delivery, the guy would probably open up the box and spit in it before handing it to me.

no what the fuck its his job to deliver pizza. if he wants more money tell him to get on his knees.

The delivery fee doesn't go to them, and they are responsible for their own gas, car repairs, etc. People who don't tip delivery drivers are dicks.

the dominos in gainesville they get something like 45 cents per mile.

I'm loving the answers here, I wish I lived where you guys lived. If I didn't tip at least 10% (more expected to be 20%) for a pizza delivery, the guy would probably open up the box and spit in it before handing it to me.

If the delivery guy would do such a thing, he doesn't deserve a tip in the first place. You should tip if you thought they genuinely did a good job. To expect a tip from the customer is just as rude as spitting in the pizza is to the customer, in my opinion.

Anyways pizza is already ridiculously expensive where I live so if I were to tip the delivery guy, you know what I might as well go out to some decent restaurant which would be cheaper still.

There isn't a single good pizza place within 200 miles of where I live. If I'm forced to eat the greasy garbage that is passed as "pizza" around here, they should count themselves lucky I'm not charging them for my service. :hmph:

There isn't a single good pizza place within 200 miles of where I live. If I'm forced to eat the greasy garbage that is passed as "pizza" around here, they should count themselves lucky I'm not charging them for my service. :hmph:

Buy a pizza stone and make your own. A pepperoni pizza with fresh mozzarella will run you about $7, take five minutes to prep and about ten minutes to cook.

mind=guilty

Buy a pizza stone and make your own. A pepperoni pizza with fresh mozzarella will run you about $7, take five minutes to prep and about ten minutes to cook.

Not a bad idea.

Out of curiosity. How much does a large two topping pizza from your average pizza place (Not a chain like Pizza Hut, Little Ceasars, or Dominoes) cost in the lower 48-states? Up here it's close to $40.

Like 10-15 bucks would be a good rough estimate. Nowhere near $40. I can get like 6 medium one topping pizzas from domino's for that, including tip :P

Not a bad idea.

Out of curiosity. How much does a large two topping pizza from your average pizza place (Not a chain like Pizza Hut, Little Ceasars, or Dominoes) cost in the lower 48-states? Up here it's close to $40.

I typically don't order two topping pizzas from the local shops, but this is a link to the menu of a pizza place that has nine locations in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans metro areas:

http://www.reginellis.com/menu.html

A bit of quick math and a two topping large would run you $14.75. That said, they have high quality pizza.

A truly local spot (only location) that just opened up near my apt looks like it's about on the same price scale:

http://www.mamadellas.com/menu.pdf

I'm trying to think of somewhere off the top of my head that serves greasy pizza to college kids...

Anyway, a large two topping would probably run you about $12 if it was crappy.

My favorite local pizza place :trollface:

http://www.redzeppelinpizza.com/index.html

Edited by Joshjrn