No More BXP Weekends

James

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?16,17,281,63874749,goto,1

Hey

Just a quick post to let you know that we are rethinking the idea of bonus XP weekends. We have run these for the last few years and whilst they are quite rewarding, there are some big negatives to the way they work.

We certainly want to do XP promotions in the future, but what form they will take, we just don’t know yet. We wanted to let you know nice and early, so, to those of you buying stocks up trying to make a quick profit or preparing for future bonus XP weekends... don’t!

Actually, we're organizing some other great member’s rewards for the latter part of the year, so keep reading the news to find out what we have planned.

Mod Mark

Even though I've taken advantage of them too, I'm kind of glad.

Ascended Elf

Not sure how it will work out.

Some people will be upset due to missing out xp but at the same time it might stop big merches and such, which is good.

Notice the expiration date on Solomons shit. Right now they say unlimited or something similar, cant remember.

Soon they'll start selling Bonus XP shit and other Pay2Win bull.

IVP did the same thing with Maplestory.

Honestly Jagex has amazingly bad timing on their updates. They nerf effigies, then add Squeal lamps which main selling point is the Exp lamps.

Now you lose bonus exp weekends, and you'll have to pay for bonus exp. I guarantee you they'll justify this by claiming that not everyone could gain xp on the weekends, and now you can earn it on your own time. (which in itself isn't bad, but paying for it is)

I don't plan on getting Membership - or even playing outside of wars until Jagex can control their own game again.

Edited by Mjkmjkmjkmjk

The title of this topic might as well be "No more Runescape" because Jagex is pretty much 1 bad decision away from loosing every paying member that they have.

That doesn't mean I don't agree with this decision but I'm sure it will piss off the majority of Runescape players, which they seem to have a habit of doing. Good job, Jagex! (Y)

Definitely agree with stopping the bonus xp weekends. That said, you still can put lots of free xp into skills that are expensive / a pain in the ass from the random monthly / membership bonus stuff. What is it, 250k xp from May, and even more coming after August?

Instead of doing bonus xp weekends, they should have nerfed the xp of 80% of the skills. You shouldn't be able to go from 1-99 in a skill in a week. The game lost a lot of its appeal when having a 99 in a skill became just a personal accomplishment.

Edited by Knightmare25

Who needs bonus xp weekends when every day is more free xp from fealty, jack of trades, penguins, troll invasion, and squeal of fortune?

Though I approve, it's but a small step to salvage what is now a ridiculously easy game.

I betcha most of their new XP bonuses will in some way involve microtransactions or member referral.

Lethal Hero

ive never been able to do a bxp :(

Might be good for the game, but I know alot of people depend on BXP to train some of their skills like herblore, con, etc.

The game lost a lot of its appeal when having a 99 in a skill became just a personal accomplishment.

Very well said.

Right. Like the only real celebrated accomplishments are maxing, comp cape, 120 DG, and 200M.

The game lost a lot of its appeal when having a 99 in a skill became just a personal accomplishment.

Very well said.

Right. Like the only real celebrated accomplishments are maxing, comp cape, 120 DG, and 200M.

How long did it take you to max out your account?

Very well said.

How long did it take you to max out your account?

About 25 months from creation. And it began as just something to do while browsing the web and doing homework, I didn't really focus on training super efficiently until the start of last summer. I probably had about the same days played on Jholm93 as when I maxed stats, and that was only 120M total XP and like 2012 total when I quit lol. Game is so easy.