Aug. 11th edit** Official Gladz Fantasy Football Sign-ups!

The Rocket

Kickers are always hit and miss. When I see someone taking the top ranked kicker in the 10th or 11th I just want to scream at them! The difference in points between the top ranked kicker and the 10th is NOT worth wasting that early of a pick on them. Last 2 rounds for kicker and D/ST in my book.

I say let's get as many people signed up as fast as we can and then hammer out the details. I'd be fine with no kicker if others are fine with it too.

As for the buy-in, supposedly people paid 10M a piece last year so I guess we can start at that amount and work around it depending on what people that sign up say? It's got to be enough to keep people interested throughout the season.

Edited by The Rocket

this looks fun...how does fantasy football work?

i've only done fantasy baseball once with my cousin and friends like 3 yrs ago so kinda 4got most of it

this looks fun...how does fantasy football work?

i've only done fantasy baseball once with my cousin and friends like 3 yrs ago so kinda 4got most of it

It's fairly simple. Basically you get a group of people, determine a draft order and then go about picking players in that order until all of your roster spots are filled. 2 of the most common drafts are auction and snake.

Auction = everyone starts with a set amount of "money", say $200, and you go about bidding on players to fill your roster. It takes some strategy because you don't want to overpay for your first player and not leave yourself enough to compete for additional good players.

Snake = A draft order is set and then it inverses the next round and back to the original order the following round, so on and so forth. Example: 10 players and you have the 1st pick in the 1st round. The 2nd round you have the 20th pick(or the 10th pick of round 2) but then you have the 21st pick as well (the 1st pick of round 3). Sometimes it's nice to be able to pick back to back but I personally hate waiting 19 picks in between.

Edited by The Rocket

It's got to be enough to keep people interested throughout the season.

That would be my only concern. How much is 10m worth these days?

About $6 by typical gold seller standards

I more meant anecdotally, as in is it enough to keep someone checking on their team even if they start the season 0-3.

I more meant anecdotally, as in is it enough to keep someone checking on their team even if they start the season 0-3.

No, probably not. Unfortunately gold is easy to come by these days from my understanding.

I wish I could do this but I have too much shit going on, am hardly ever on the computer... wouldn't have time to remember to check this consistently and having someone who doesn't check their team really blows, especially in such a small league. Good luck to all who do give this a go.

Can we do a buy in with gp?

I believe that's what they are discussing, but they are trying to set an amount that would keep everyone interested no matter how poorly they start.

Can we do a buy in with gp?

I believe that's what they are discussing, but they are trying to set an amount that would keep everyone interested no matter how poorly they start.

Right, we're trying to walk the line between high enough that people stay interested but not so high that people don't join at all.

Edited by Joshjrn

i dont have 10m or play much rs so i guess im out

The issue is that if there is no buy in, if someone loses a game or two, they stop keeping track of their team. Then, every team that plays them after that will have an easy victory because they are playing injured players, players on byes, etc. One person giving up on their team ruins the league.

The issue is that if there is no buy in, if someone loses a game or two, they stop keeping track of their team. Then, every team that plays them after that will have an easy victory because they are playing injured players, players on byes, etc. One person giving up on their team ruins the league.

I would have no problem doing a league just for the bragging rights/fun of it but this is the reason I'm worried about doing that. I would hate to see us lose a quarter of our league after the first 3-4 games of the season. It's no fun playing against rosters that aren't being updated. It only takes a few minutes to log in and update your roster each week even if you're busy. You don't have to be constantly up to date on all the team/player news if you can't be.

Oh I certainly don't give a shit about winning anything. I'm going to give away whatever I win. The point is that I don't want people giving up after week four or five.

yea i kno why the buy in is place. i jus dont have the 10m but ima ask my cousins if they wanna start 1 on our own it looks fun :)