RIP Ryan Dunn

Hess

if he was drunk, no sympathy.

I believe in that reasoning too. If a smokin' hot babe is wearing slutty clothing she deserves to get raped. Doubly so if she was drunk. :icon_confused:

You're going to fit in here well, new guy

I just can't bring myself to care. I didn't even know the guy existed prior to his death. I guess I have sympathy for his family.

He left this world in a totally Jackass way...drunk and driving...driving too fast..driving with a passenger.

Still, sympathies and peace to those who loved him.

Edited by Stellalunae

From what I understand he was drunk, so he deserved it. I've had two friends killed by a drunk driver so I hope he suffered. Shame I use to like him because of all the shows he's done too.

De...served it?

If you drink and drive and put the lives of others at risk, then yes, you deserve the ultimate worst, especially when your actions kill another person. People want to mourn over his death but completely ignore the fact that he drove 110 mph drunk and killed his passenger. If Dunn had survived the crash, he'd be going to prison for a very long time. His estate is going to get sued out the ass by the family of the passenger.

He was always one of my favorite castmembers, but he doesn't have any sympathy from me.

From what I understand he was drunk, so he deserved it. I've had two friends killed by a drunk driver so I hope he suffered. Shame I use to like him because of all the shows he's done too.

De...served it?

If you drink and drive and put the lives of others at risk, then yes, you deserve the ultimate worst, especially when your actions kill another person. People want to mourn over his death but completely ignore the fact that he drove 110 mph drunk and killed his passenger. If Dunn had survived the crash, he'd be going to prison for a very long time. His estate is going to get sued out the ass by the family of the passenger.

He was always one of my favorite castmembers, but he doesn't have any sympathy from me.

I think Jake was just making a joke of the word deserved. Like De... SERVED!!!

De...served it?

I think Jake was just making a joke of the word deserved. Like De... SERVED!!!

The question mark at the end leads me to think he was more or less shocked that I said someone deserved to die.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/21/6908769-is-ryan-dunns-death-the-most-elaborate-jackass-prank-ever

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died yesterday. But if you're like us, then for a moment when you first heard the news of his death, you too thought that this could just be the most elaborate "Jackass" hoax ever.

We're not off-base in thinking this — forumites and even our own commenters — are already creating fake Fox News articles claiming Dunn faked his own death. If anything it's a tribute to their abilities as performers that their fans think he could have actually cheated death. (There's also that thing about Roger Ebert's Facebook page "accidentally" removed following his controversial tweet about Dunn's death.)

Highly doubt April Margera would tell the media that he was dead if he wasn't. Highly doubt they'd have released the name of the passenger if it was a hoax. Highly doubt he'd have torched his customized Porsche for a prank.

Coming back from the dead is Criss Angel stuff, not Jackass stuff.

Edited by Doug ofGladz

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/21/6908769-is-ryan-dunns-death-the-most-elaborate-jackass-prank-ever

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died yesterday. But if you're like us, then for a moment when you first heard the news of his death, you too thought that this could just be the most elaborate "Jackass" hoax ever.

We're not off-base in thinking this — forumites and even our own commenters — are already creating fake Fox News articles claiming Dunn faked his own death. If anything it's a tribute to their abilities as performers that their fans think he could have actually cheated death. (There's also that thing about Roger Ebert's Facebook page "accidentally" removed following his controversial tweet about Dunn's death.)

Are you trying to use that article to say he isnt dead?

Quoted from the same article -

He didn't. Sadly. But, let's examine what it might take to pull off such a stunt by the former member of Camp Kill Yourself — just to end this hoax rumor now.

For starters, you'd need a body. Naturally, buying a cadaver is no easy task, and unscrupulous coroners don't exactly hang shingles out.

But with enough planning and cash thrown around, I'm sure they could find a body somewhere. Naturally, that body would have to be bearded and shaggy, so think Boot Hill. Then, there's the matter of the tattoos. Finding an artist to fake Dunn's tats would be easier than finding a corpse. Trouble is, we're not sure how a corpse's skin might react to being inked.

The accident cover story is less of a problem. Getting drunk in front of witnesses, the photo posted on Dunn's Tumblr and tipping off TMZ that Dunn had three Miller Lites and three "girly shots" between 10:30 PM and 2:10 AM — nearly a four hour span — but he was "not too drunk to drive" — is also not hard.

Frankly, it's the crashing of the Porsche 911 GT3 at 110 mph into a tree that's the part that seems most implausible. But that's mainly because we don't understand why anyone would want to destroy a car as beautiful as that.

Obviously Ryan Dunn's death wasn't a hoax. But didn't you think — for even just a fleeting moment — that it just might be?

norcalmojo asked, “What are you expecting? Adulation? The guy was famous for being an idiot and will now be a little more famous for dying an idiot. If the fact that he's a Darwin award upsets you, wipe your nose. If it makes you feel any better, he died an entertainer. I laughed when I read the story. I laughed again at the fools trying to memorialize him. If you don't want to be remembered for being an idiot, don't make it your profession.”

rsknnp said, “Just because Ryan MAY have made a poor choice does not make his death any less sad. It's still a loss to his friends, to his family, and to the people who enjoyed his humor and appreciated the laughter he brought into the world. I wish they would have added why he was on Minute to Win it with Steve-o. They were both on the show to split the winnings and donate it to their respective charities for children.

Opinions seem pretty split.