Jagex set for new round of layoffs

Memphus

So Wrecked and Silentcore are idiots. I miss the days of RS players on Youtube that didn't suck

As someone who thinks RuneScape sucks, you think everything related to RuneScape sucks. It's not about you, the people who don't play, it's about the people who do.

So Wrecked and Silentcore are idiots. I miss the days of RS players on Youtube that didn't suck

As someone who thinks RuneScape sucks, you think everything related to RuneScape sucks. It's not about you, the people who don't play, it's about the people who do.

You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

I don't know anything about the other two, but that So Wrecked guy is objectively awful. There's a picture of him calling people "black" as an insult just a couple days before his appointment to Jmod. 

I don't know anything about the other two, but that So Wrecked guy is objectively awful. There's a picture of him calling people "black" as an insult just a couple days before his appointment to Jmod. 

And he, specifically, will most likely be demoted. He was only promoted because he is the most popular 07 exclusive YouTuber. Regicidel is pure EoC, and Silentc0re is a mix of the two.

All WoW tickets receive a hand-written response within 12 hours nowadays. More immediate tickets receive a response almost immediately. If you're online during the response you can also open chat with the GM to talk about your issue.

They also refund gold/items if you're hacked and if you get hacked and your account is stolen you can easily get in touch with someone over the phone to talk about your issue and get your account info restored. Yep. $12/month.

Yep. WoW customer support is stellar. 

And related to the previous discussion - Blizzard recently added a WoW Youtube "celebrity" as their own version of a Jmod, and yet he wasn't a complete fuckup! Funny how that works out, eh. 

And for them having to shrink their employee numbers, you only have to have a look at the state of the game these days to realise why.

Except their revenue for the past year is something like 6x higher than their previous high. But that's how liquidation works, I suppose. Lose the long-term cash (memberships), big gains in short-term cash. Works good for IVP. It's what they do. Can't hate them for smart business. But I can hate the Gower brothers for killing their life's work.

The Gower's sold it off long ago. They've not been behind it for a long, long time.

Actually, incorrect. While IVP has been a shareholder since 2007 (hmmm didn't something bad happen then too?), they only had 35% of the company then. Andrew still had 20% in his name, though he had stepped down as CEO. It was late 2011 when he sold that remaining shares to IVP, giving them majority control. And hence the super hard push of microtransactions that followed.

A year and a half isn't that long ago

Please gladz, find a way to slowly expand into other games. Think of it as insurance just in case

Having played wow a few years ago when level 80 was max, I have to say their customer service is top notch. I remember a quest was glitched and they sorted it within an hour or two so I could complete it. I was also hacked and had every item and gold returned without much problem. Brilliant service.

Im in no way comparing the two games but Jagex really need to look after their playerbase more than ever with their current dwindled numbers.

Its pretty much impossible to get in direct contact with them now, and from what I understand, you'd be honoured to even receive an email or any sort of reply from their customer service teams.

Please gladz, find a way to slowly expand into other games. Think of it as insurance just in case

I'm slowly converting them to league, don't worry!  :trollface:

People play other games more than RS for the most part. Especially when you take into consideration retired members who are still around quite frequently. Converting the clan as a whole to another game simply won't work though. You can push for people to play other games, which many people do (LoL, WoW and TF2) being the main three as far as computers go but it will never be something to move the clan over to. 

The best way to go about it in some sense would be to do what DI did when they closed in 2009 and just create sub-forums for multiple different games that were very popular at the time. Even DI though who has an exponentially larger forum community than we do struggled to see much activity and within a few months their forums were virtually dead compared to when they were around the same game.

People play other games more than RS for the most part. Especially when you take into consideration retired members who are still around quite frequently. Converting the clan as a whole to another game simply won't work though. You can push for people to play other games, which many people do (LoL, WoW and TF2) being the main three as far as computers go but it will never be something to move the clan over to. 

The best way to go about it in some sense would be to do what DI did when they closed in 2009 and just create sub-forums for multiple different games that were very popular at the time. Even DI though who has an exponentially larger forum community than we do struggled to see much activity and within a few months their forums were virtually dead compared to when they were around the same game.

If death is the end result then it's not the best way to go about it. Just creating subforums isn't enough support... one has to embrace it all as part of your community and give a reason to come back rather than just the easy step of hopping to a more specific community. I think if we get into the mindset of 'we are exploring all of the internets together' rather than just a 'we are a rs clan', we could be more self sufficient. Hell, maybe even the idea of forums is outdated now that mediums like reddit are popular... anyway I dont think the clan will ever turn away from rs and it shouldn't, that's the roots. But if the day comes when someone who has never before even played rs gets membership in gladz, that would be a fine day indeed. I just wish gladz were bigger and more comprehensive of the entirety of what's out there, and find many niches, rather than being specifically focused on one little place in one little game by one little company. oh well.

If death is the end result then it's not the best way to go about it. Just creating subforums isn't enough support... one has to embrace it all as part of your community and give a reason to come back rather than just the easy step of hopping to a more specific community. I think if we get into the mindset of 'we are exploring all of the internets together' rather than just a 'we are a rs clan', we could be more self sufficient. Hell, maybe even the idea of forums is outdated now that mediums like reddit are popular... anyway I dont think the clan will ever turn away from rs and it shouldn't, that's the roots. But if the day comes when someone who has never before even played rs gets membership in gladz, that would be a fine day indeed. I just wish gladz were bigger and more comprehensive of the entirety of what's out there, and find many niches, rather than being specifically focused on one little place in one little game by one little company. oh well.

That would be ideal, obviously..but in all realistic senses it really isn't viable. Personally, I would love to see Gladz live on as a whole because I know there are certain people that I will always remain in contact with, but in a realistic sense it isn't something that will happen. Certain people will congregate to different games but overall as a community we have come together around one game and one game only. We could try and convert to an overall gaming community, and I hope that would work, but it just realistically will not happen based on what has happened with much larger and much more active communities than we have here today.

Even as close as many of us are, you can't expect the community as a whole to embrace newcomers who may have never played the game that brought us all together as one of us. 

The thing is, Runescape will never actually "die" in the sense that it will never suddenly one day shut down and stop being a game (in the forseeable future). It will just get smaller and smaller and smaller.

But these forums will live on. We'll make sure of that. Bringing in people to our community who do not play Runescape is a good idea. I'd encourage you to invite your friends from other games to join our forums and apply for the "Community" rank. If enough activity begins to happen that way, then who knows, one day it could lead to an entire rethinking/restructuring of the clan to include non-RS players.

• 2 weeks later...

And for them having to shrink their employee numbers, you only have to have a look at the state of the game these days to realise why.

Except their revenue for the past year is something like 6x higher than their previous high. But that's how liquidation works, I suppose. Lose the long-term cash (memberships), big gains in short-term cash. Works good for IVP. It's what they do. Can't hate them for smart business. But I can hate the Gower brothers for killing their life's work.

The Gower's sold it off long ago. They've not been behind it for a long, long time.

Actually, incorrect. While IVP has been a shareholder since 2007 (hmmm didn't something bad happen then too?), they only had 35% of the company then. Andrew still had 20% in his name, though he had stepped down as CEO. It was late 2011 when he sold that remaining shares to IVP, giving them majority control. And hence the super hard push of microtransactions that followed.

You.... need to just start posting citations with everything you post.