Jagex set for new round of layoffs

Memphus

And for them having to shrink their employee numbers, you only have to have a look at the state of the game these days to realise why.

Except their revenue for the past year is something like 6x higher than their previous high. But that's how liquidation works, I suppose. Lose the long-term cash (memberships), big gains in short-term cash. Works good for IVP. It's what they do. Can't hate them for smart business. But I can hate the Gower brothers for killing their life's work.

The Gower's sold it off long ago. They've not been behind it for a long, long time.

Actually, incorrect. While IVP has been a shareholder since 2007 (hmmm didn't something bad happen then too?), they only had 35% of the company then. Andrew still had 20% in his name, though he had stepped down as CEO. It was late 2011 when he sold that remaining shares to IVP, giving them majority control. And hence the super hard push of microtransactions that followed.

You.... need to just start posting citations with everything you post. 

Your google is as good of mine. I post based off my memory. But since you want to be lazy and call me out, here ya go:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Insight_Venture_Partners

Sorry, I got the year of the 35% investment wrong, that was 2005 not 2007. As I said, I post based off memory.

We should become a Minesweeper clan

lets become a real life clan and all move to the same city and take it over starting by robbing banks then selling drugs and hiring mercenaries then go to war against other real life clans and get other cities.

We should become a Minesweeper clan

lets become a real life clan and all move to the same city and take it over starting by robbing banks then selling drugs and hiring mercenaries then go to war against other real life clans and get other cities.

YES