PC BUILD OFF

Blank

So since were on the topic of over heating. Someone wanna explain what over clocking is? Im lazy and dont want to look it up. Ive read about it before but..meh. I know its the only way ill do liquid cooling is if I overclock.

The rated speed of your component is the cap the manufacturer has placed so they could guarantee that the component would function without issue. Typically, the component is capable of higher speeds. Overclocking simply removes the artificial cap. In doing so, you are taxing your component more than is normal, so it gets significantly hotter than normal.

BTW I have not read through this, but if you're having a part in mind, use http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales.  Chances are you will see the item eventually.  Also check your part on http://pcpartpicker.com/ where you can also check the pricing history to see when on average it goes on sale.  I'd like to make my next computer within the year myself 

Also, new i7s just dropped today

Edited by Drewski

I was playing Civ 5 with a friend earlier and I kept getting warnings for 65 degrees cpu temp. Any suggestions?

I have the 4 fans set up. front and side as intake and back and top as exhaust. i do have the silencers installed though which limits the fans at 1200 rpms. Other than that the only part i can think of that can make it better is the heat sink.

I was playing Civ 5 with a friend earlier and I kept getting warnings for 65 degrees cpu temp. Any suggestions?

I have the 4 fans set up. front and side as intake and back and top as exhaust. i do have the silencers installed though which limits the fans at 1200 rpms. Other than that the only part i can think of that can make it better is the heat sink.

set up speed fan or something better like amd control panel and monitor fan speed and temps.

ASUS has the monitor and settings for it. I have all fans going 100% once the temp reaches 50. I think i had it at 55 before but i doubt this would change anything.

I can try the fans without the silencer but they're loud. 36db x 4 fans.

Ive read up about the cpu a bit and people have suggested changing how much voltage the cpu gets...Good idea?

ASUS has the monitor and settings for it. I have all fans going 100% once the temp reaches 50. I think i had it at 55 before but i doubt this would change anything.

I can try the fans without the silencer but they're loud. 36db x 4 fans.

Ive read up about the cpu a bit and people have suggested changing how much voltage the cpu gets...Good idea?

Lower voltage = less heat and lower clock speeds.

did you fuck up the thermal paste? Are you sure those are your actual temps? Are you even overclocking?

The readings are coming from the mobo. Should be pretty accurate. Like I said i was at 60-65 range after 3 or 4 hours of play time. 

As for the thermal paste, I put a bit more than the size of a rice grain.

in bios my idle temps were 30-31c or like 86-90F. it depends how hot it is in your case and your room. if it's 40F ambient, expect temps to be lower. if your AC is broken expect higher temps.

Im looking into that now. These temps are ridiculous. Id like my gaming temp to be around 50-55deg c. I downloaded speed fan and my temp spiked to 70 during a game. Bleh.