Steve Jobs Dead

Matt Wah

i said "kind of like". you know what i mean, iv seen you doing it a few times to people. :slapshup:

It's not kind of like. It's nothing like. Insulting someone because of their argument isn't even remotely similar to saying their argument is invalid due to a personal flaw. That's the very nature of a logical fallacy. I said that his argument is invalid because it's invalid. I said that he was acting dense and immature because he was acting dense and immature. Were I to say that his argument was invalid because he was dense and immature, you would have a point. I didn't, so you don't.

Like I said before, I was being generous with you. Now you're getting on my nerves.

Edited by Joshjrn

He was a true innovator of our time. I'm glad his wife and kids will never have to worry about money after his death— he deserved it, even if his salary was only $1 a year!

quite a shame, he was a great innovator

It's not like he cured cancer :kanye:

He was a true innovator of our time. I'm glad his wife and kids will never have to worry about money after his death— he deserved it, even if his salary was only $1 a year!

quite a shame, he was a great innovator

It's not like he cured cancer :kanye:

No one has cured cancer. Does that mean that we can't celebrate anyone's achievements and contributions?

i said "kind of like". you know what i mean, iv seen you doing it a few times to people. :slapshup:

When somebody is mean to me on the Internet I run to my mommy.

I suppose that good man is up for debate. Innovator, not so much.

I've never met him in real life. How do I, or anyone that never actually met him, know that he's a good man? He could be a complete dick for all I know.

Innovator? If I'm not mistaken, Bill Gates had a Tablet PC released a few years before the iPad. Also, I prefer his Zune over iPod anyday. The battery lasts x3 as long. I could listen to mine for an hour every day for a week before it's halfway dead. My iPod battery lasted.. a day, and you could actually see the battery bar degenerating as I turned music louder.

what the fuck is a Zune

http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

One thing he wasn't, though, was perfect. Indeed there were things Jobs did while at Apple that were deeply disturbing. Rude, dismissive, hostile, spiteful: Apple employees—the ones not bound by confidentiality agreements—have had a different story to tell over the years about Jobs and the bullying, manipulation and fear that followed him around Apple. Jobs contributed to global problems, too. Apple's success has been built literally on the backs of Chinese workers, many of them children and all of them enduring long shifts and the specter of brutal penalties for mistakes. And, for all his talk of enabling individual expression, Jobs imposed paranoid rules that centralized control of who could say what on his devices and in his company.
In the pursuit of greatness he cast aside politeness and empathy.

The company using chinese workers may or may not be his idea but it seems irrelevant (there are so many companies that use cheap chinese labor it's not even funny) to what he's done for his company. I, personally, wouldn't call him "the greatest CEO of our generation" but he deserves some sort of commendation. The man ran his company the way he wanted it to be run, I don't agree with him apparently "belittling" people as the article states, but he got his employees to get their job done.

Meh, I really don't like Apple that much, but he did seem strive for the most in his life, so I'd say well done at running the good race and giving it your all. :thumbup: