Well holy crap

Blindmotion

oh shit! what's up man. How's life treating you?

It's fair. I landed a great job this spring working 48 hours a week making some nice bank. Me and my fiance got an apartment and she's been in school full time since we met and is almost ready for nursing school. I was going to try and go to PA school but after working for several months as a paramedic in a big city I just don't think I can stand working on people instead of with people if that makes sense. I tore up my shoulder again about 2 months ago and just had the surgery for it. Been at home finding stuff to do/read to keep me busy. Been applying for hospital ER jobs because I don't want to go back to work lol. The one thing they don't tell you in paramedic school is that if you go work for a big company in a big city, you have to lift big people. I'm only 165 lbs. When patients are hitting that 250-300+ lb range getting them in and out of an ambulance completely BLOWS. That's why my shoulder is screwed up. So for the moment is to avoid going back there right now, land a hospital job and go back to school for either programming or IT work. Something a little less high impact on my shoulder and with computers since I've always enjoyed learning about them. Picked up a couple of A+ books that I've been reading through to prepare for it. That's all of it in a nutshell I suppose. Played a bit of wow for a while. Most recently I just sent my valve trombone over to the music shop for some minor repairs so I can start playing again. I messed around on it a week ago and I don't think it would take long to get my chops back. Might see if I can find a local swing or jazz band to play on weekends with. Next in mind I'm gonna find a pocket trumpet to finally lean the only brass instrument I never played and conquer being the entire brass section of an orchestra!

It's fair. I landed a great job this spring working 48 hours a week making some nice bank. Me and my fiance got an apartment and she's been in school full time since we met and is almost ready for nursing school. I was going to try and go to PA school but after working for several months as a paramedic in a big city I just don't think I can stand working on people instead of with people if that makes sense. I tore up my shoulder again about 2 months ago and just had the surgery for it. Been at home finding stuff to do/read to keep me busy. Been applying for hospital ER jobs because I don't want to go back to work lol. The one thing they don't tell you in paramedic school is that if you go work for a big company in a big city, you have to lift big people. I'm only 165 lbs. When patients are hitting that 250-300+ lb range getting them in and out of an ambulance completely BLOWS. That's why my shoulder is screwed up. So for the moment is to avoid going back there right now, land a hospital job and go back to school for either programming or IT work. Something a little less high impact on my shoulder and with computers since I've always enjoyed learning about them. Picked up a couple of A+ books that I've been reading through to prepare for it. That's all of it in a nutshell I suppose. Played a bit of wow for a while. Most recently I just sent my valve trombone over to the music shop for some minor repairs so I can start playing again. I messed around on it a week ago and I don't think it would take long to get my chops back. Might see if I can find a local swing or jazz band to play on weekends with. Next in mind I'm gonna find a pocket trumpet to finally lean the only brass instrument I never played and conquer being the entire brass section of an orchestra! What have you been up to for say the past 8 years lol?

It's fair. I landed a great job this spring working 48 hours a week making some nice bank. Me and my fiance got an apartment and she's been in school full time since we met and is almost ready for nursing school. I was going to try and go to PA school but after working for several months as a paramedic in a big city I just don't think I can stand working on people instead of with people if that makes sense. I tore up my shoulder again about 2 months ago and just had the surgery for it. Been at home finding stuff to do/read to keep me busy. Been applying for hospital ER jobs because I don't want to go back to work lol. The one thing they don't tell you in paramedic school is that if you go work for a big company in a big city, you have to lift big people. I'm only 165 lbs. When patients are hitting that 250-300+ lb range getting them in and out of an ambulance completely BLOWS. That's why my shoulder is screwed up. So for the moment is to avoid going back there right now, land a hospital job and go back to school for either programming or IT work. Something a little less high impact on my shoulder and with computers since I've always enjoyed learning about them. Picked up a couple of A+ books that I've been reading through to prepare for it. That's all of it in a nutshell I suppose. Played a bit of wow for a while. Most recently I just sent my valve trombone over to the music shop for some minor repairs so I can start playing again. I messed around on it a week ago and I don't think it would take long to get my chops back. Might see if I can find a local swing or jazz band to play on weekends with. Next in mind I'm gonna find a pocket trumpet to finally lean the only brass instrument I never played and conquer being the entire brass section of an orchestra! What have you been up to for say the past 8 years lol?

You've been gone for 8 years? You sure about that, because i am sure that you have stopped by the forums at least once to every other year.

Nah, it hasn't been eight years. He left shortly after I joined, which is about five and a half years ago and he's dropped in a few times since then.

Edited by Joshjrn
  • 2 weeks later...