Diablo III - May, 15th. Yes, this year.

Mike

act 1 inferno on farm. can do the last quest from cursed hold lvl to through butcher in 25 mins. gear is mostly bad but I've gotten a few upgrades. Was thinking about backtracking to hell whimsyshire for loot instead but most say gear tops out ilvl 57 or 59.

I dunno if most of the 6.3 million people who bought the game ever played earlier diablo games but people are bitching about lack of content/difficulty level (too high). Playing each act in diablo 2 just once to get all the way to hell is crazy (impossible). There are hours of getting run through trist/tombs/chaos/baal in every difficulty just to be the required level to access the next difficulty and that's nothing compared to actually being geared enough to kill stuff. Trying to solo hell through baal is nearly impossible without being at least mid/high 80's and having at least a few hr's worth of gear... Without maxed resistances, some dps, and a geared hireling your chances of making it through ws3 are actually 0.

Lol..

We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

also:

Bashiok how the f did you get a job at blizzard? You must be really good at convincing people. How about instead of someone from PR telling us about inferno, can we get one of the devs to give us information that makes sense?

I'm, like, SUPER good at banning people. Super good. So they were like, want a job? And I was like "Only if high ilvl blue items can NEVER be as good as low ilvl Legendaries" and they were like "DEAL". I'm just as mad as you, man. Broken. I don't want to equip a blue item. I want to be able to rush into Inferno and begin farming it as soon as I want to. That's what Diablo is about. It's about a new game with a new difficulty level being just like a previous game without it.

Lol. So I hear monks got nerfed?

they took our spammable 15% shield. only limitation was that it cost 50 spirit to cast. They fixed a bug where activation of mantra of protection caused 4x its normal hps for three seconds (something like 1600 hps) back to what the tooltip says which is around 800.

Found a good resistance vs armor table

Note: this only applies to level 60.

Elemental damage reduction = Resistance / (5 × Monster Level + Resistance)

Resistance = 50, Percent = 14.29%

Resistance = 100, Percent = 25%

Resistance = 150, Percent = 33.33%

Resistance = 200, Percent = 40%

Resistance = 250, Percent = 45%

Resistance = 300, Percent = 50%

Resistance = 350, Percent = 53.85%

Resistance = 400, Percent = 57.14%

Resistance = 450, Percent = 60%

Resistance = 500, Percent = 62.5%

Resistance = 550, Percent = 64.71%

Resistance = 600, Percent = 66.66%

Resistance = 650, Percent = 68.42%

Resistance = 700, Percent = 70%

Resistance = 750, Percent = 71.43%

Resistance = 800, Percent = 72.72%

Resistance = 850, Percent = 73.91%

Resistance = 900, Percent = 75%

Resistance = 950, Percent = 76%

Resistance = 1000, Percent = 76.92%

With this, you should be able to find your comfort zone with resistances without worrying about putting too many points in.

also:

There are no diminishing returns for resistance (or armor).

The actual easiest way to think about it is much simpler. Every 3 points of resist (3.05 against level 61, 3.10 against level 62, etc.) increases your effective HP by 1% of your raw HP. There is no diminishing return from an EHP standpoint. Every single point of resistance is worth the same as the last.

For example, if you have 30K HP, every single point of resist you gain will add 100 EHP against a level 60 target.

30,000 HP with 0 resistance = 30,000 EHP
30,000 HP with 300 resistance = 60,000 EHP
30,000 HP with 600 resistance = 90,000 EHP
30,000 HP with 601 resistance = 90,100 EHP

Each unit of resistance (3 for 60, 3.05 for 61, 3.10 for 62) never stops adding exactly 1% of your HP as EHP.

So every point of resistance is as good as the last point in terms of effective hp. If that doen't make sense read this topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/u6f8r/info_resistances_and_how_much_damage_they_reduce/

Kripparrian did a video on life steal vs life on hit:

Life steal so bad!

Just hit 60. This game better get better like D2 did or I'm going to have to go back to competitive TF2. God forbid

Just hit 60. This game better get better like D2 did or I'm going to have to go back to competitive TF2. God forbid

Implying you ever have.

I play one. I was farming act3/4 pretty comfortably with a 1200 dps bow, but I do have around 75m in gear. If you're going to spend 10m, try and find one with good mods. I bought my current one for 10m and its only 960 dps, but with 200 dex + 70% crit damage + socket its comparable to a 1400+ dps one. I would hold out for something like that, and maybe spend a mil or two on something to help you farm for now.

You pretty much want ias wherever you can get it. Crit damage is probably better for you than crit chance, and dex is always good.

Does anyone play a wizard? I cannot do act 2 inferno at all and it makes me a sad panda. I need advice on my build, I am not getting anything good farming Act 1.

Does anyone play a wizard? I cannot do act 2 inferno at all and it makes me a sad panda. I need advice on my build, I am not getting anything good farming Act 1.

You have to dodge every hit. Try to use your shield to block things you absolutely cannot dodge

/DH in a2 inferno

You have to dodge every hit. Try to use your shield to block things you absolutely cannot dodge

/DH in a2 inferno

Hrmm, yeah, I've been using a 2h mace.. I'll try a shield