You decide!

Hess

Ok so I have this one employee that works for me, and he's a complete idiot. My initial plan was to be a complete douche until he quits, but its taking too long, it's already been roughly 3 weeks and he's still here. I've told him he's stupid to his face, had every other one of my employees make fun of him, and had him rage to the point that he told me to step outside, but he's still not quitting!

Either way I'm going to fire him. He has absolutely no common sense. I ask him to do the most minimal task and he still can't manage to do it. I don't get paid to think for people, its more work to manage him than it would be to manage without him.

But how should I do it? Should I just fuck with him more, make him do a bunch of grunt work then fire him right at the end of his shift, or should I be semi polite about it, or should I do something creative?

Give me ideas. I'm a hardass, if you are an active member in this clan you know I don't care about being the douche. I only fired 2 other people, the other guys actually did quit because I was an ass, so I would like to have some fun with this.

Could you give us a bit more about the situation and why he sucks so much?

It might help us decide.

Edited by Muse

Tasks that take 5mins like changing the garbage or filling up food in the kitchen (I work in a restaurant) take about a half hour because he asks constant questions like " oh this trash can is half full should I still do it?" when I specifically say do every dn trash can in the kitchen

And then there's the time he filled up the vinegar bottle with strawberry syrup, washed the dishes with a DIRTY rag without soap, and how he consistently texts on the job.

Plus he talks like he's a thug or something, makes him sound just as stupid as he looks

Right now I'm leanin towards making him do bitch work like clean the fryers and bathrooms and hood vents then firing him at the end of his shift

i would try to help him out and say what he's doing wrong...idk maybe thats just what i would do :battleaxe_rune:

Too much work, if I did that id have to babysit my other 30 employees

You're bordering on an IIED (Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress) claim already by encouraging your employees to fuck with him over a period of time, so I'd probably cut that shit out, if I were you.

He may be a terrible worker, but your inability to professionally and disinterestedly fire an obviously incompetent employee reflects poorly on you as a manager.

Tasks that take 5mins like changing the garbage or filling up food in the kitchen (I work in a restaurant) take about a half hour because he asks constant questions like " oh this trash can is half full should I still do it?" when I specifically say do every dn trash can in the kitchen

And then there's the time he filled up the vinegar bottle with strawberry syrup, washed the dishes with a DIRTY rag without soap, and how he consistently texts on the job.

Plus he talks like he's a thug or something, makes him sound just as stupid as he looks

Right now I'm leanin towards making him do bitch work like clean the fryers and bathrooms and hood vents then firing him at the end of his shift

What makes you think he'll clean a fryer to your standards?

You're bordering on an IIED (Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress) claim already by encouraging your employees to fuck with him over a period of time, so I'd probably cut that shit out, if I were you.

He may be a terrible worker, but your inability to professionally and disinterestedly fire an obviously incompetent employee reflects poorly on you as a manager.

I didn't know the name of the claim, but I was thinking along those lines. If he's already proven that he can't do the job, then just fire him before his next shift. Otherwise, just fire him the next time he does screw up. It's not worth harassing him because it can one day come back against you.

This.

Let him go before his shift starts... dont make him put in a hard days work an then fire him =X

^

this is the right thing to do. hes a human being too so dont take advantage of him. if your gonna let him go anyways, then do it at the beginining of his shift or call him to tell him not to come to work today so he wont have to be embarrassed about it

Let him go before his shift and let him know that he "just wasn't right for (place of business)"

Having employees fuck with him? Maybe you should be fired too, you horrible manager you.

Tell him he can have a cookie every time he cleans the toilets with his face

Spoiler

on a srs note, if he's that incompetent just fire the bastard and get it over with. He's not worth your time and/or your restaurant's money