Music back then vs. Music today

Liljay9151

I personally prefer music back then over music today. I hate drake, lil wayne, nicki minaj, and all the other people today. I like The Beatles,John Lennon, Coolio, Tupac, Biggie, and everyone else 43214312x more than those young money kids. How About you guys?

Edited by Liljay9151
The Beatles,John Lennon, Coolio, Tupac, Biggie

Did you just..? I just don't know anymore.

There is no comparison. Good music has always existed, and will continue to exist, throughout time. You just have to find it. Stop thinking you're special because you listen to music you think other people don't care for.

Besides, there is no "versus" here. This thread is 100% opinion. When a system comes out that rates the quality of music, let me know.

You're guilty of selection bias. Yes, The Beatles were amazing. Tupac revolutionized rap. But, for each of them, I could point you to literally dozens of absolutely terrible, utterly forgettable "artists" you've simply never heard of them, because you didn't live through the time period, you haven't done the research, and their work didn't survive in any meaningful sense. You probably can't list more than three artists per decade you enjoy prior to 1990. I can list you a dozen artists, just off the top of my head, from the year 1990 on that have put out high brow, worthwhile music and/or revolutionized their genre.

Radiohead

Nirvana

The Fugees

Tupac

Biggie

Arcade Fire

Soundgarden

Dr. Dre

Jay Z

Green Day

Eminem

Dave Mathews Band

Pearl Jam

Oasis

The Strokes

Arctic Monkeys

That's 16. Promptly fuck right the fuck off.

And being I'm currently on a Regina Spektor kick, I figured I'd give her a nod as well.

ETA: And Muse, you sorry cretins.

Edited by Joshjrn

you should add Rocket Man to Elton John, Aqualung to Jethro Tull, and you need more Stones and Hendrix you clown

Playlist friend, not library.

you should add Rocket Man to Elton John, Aqualung to Jethro Tull, and you need more Stones and Hendrix you clown

Playlist friend, not library.

still a clown

Not going to get involved. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to them regardless of whether we agree or disagree. As long as you enjoy the music you listen to, who is to say you're wrong?