Music back then vs. Music today

Liljay9151

This is exactly why I legit hate mainstream/modern music, it's got no feeling or emotion to it...

R.I.P Good music

No. There is a ton of modern music out there that if playing with the same emotion and feelings as those artists you listed above.

Phish

Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks

String Cheese Incident

Further

The Allman Brothers

Medeski Martin & Wood

Plenty of solo musicians that play for a variety of bands. People like Warren Haynes, Rob Wasserman, Jeff Chimenti, Oteil Burbridge, Bela Fleck, Victor Wooten, Mike Mattison, Bob Weir, Mike Gordon, Page McConnell, Trey Anastasio etc etc.

The list just goes on. Music isn't only played over the radio...

To those encouraging the derailing of this thread, you can stop. If you don't want to talk about music on a music thread, don't. I'm all for derailing a topic, but not continuing a failed one.

OP is now banned.

Post anything

Huh. what for?

If I may ask, of course

TL;DR being an idiot and making a flame topic

He was asking for it.

Edited by Kiwibird

I think music is based entirely on feeling, which is why I listen mostly to Heavy metal and Rock music.

I mean, if you look at mainstream artists like Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Justin Beiber, Rebecca Black, Drake and all these other "Artists" you'll see that their lyrics are all generic with no feeling or meaning behind them.

Now, if you look at bands from the 60's, 70's, or 80's(90's just pushing it, but still there) you'll see bands like The Beatles, Lynrd Skynrd, Cream, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Runaways, Rush, Toto, Van Halen, Led Zepplin and the like, you'll see that their instrumentals and lyrics all have a meaning and an unforgettable energy behind them which is something today's music desperately needs, but will never get.

It's all about quick money and "Fucking Bitches".

This is exactly why I legit hate mainstream/modern music, it's got no feeling or emotion to it...

R.I.P Good music

I'm going to see Joan Jett and the Black Hearts in September

Jelly?