Music back then vs. Music today

Liljay9151

only person from young money i like is drake the rest of them are trash

i grew up listenin to D-12 and G-unit. A lot of good workout tracks were made back then between those 2 groups

today i still listen to them ( the 1s who still put out new music like 50, Em, Banks, etc) which is good that they are still around. the only new rap group i like out there is slaughterhouse they have the lyrical flow that a real rap group should have. it's a good thing they signed to Shady records to. :)

The 1 "rapper" who shouldn't be rappin at all is Rick ross. i call him officer ricky tho lol

also i heard from some ppl from NYC that they don't play YMCMB music much there on the stations. i found that funny idk if it's true tho lol

Take a look back at the way rap was...

i <3 dubstep/house/electronic/raving. I personally think they're equal. Back then gives you the chills by melodies from pink floyd, jimmy hendrix, etc... Today's music goes HaRd and it's nice to have the option on whether listening to something orgasmic in my brain (today's music) or gives me goose bumps (old music)

How old are you? :sly:

19 headin to 20 in 3 months :)

i know there are older rappers out there big, pac, bone thugs harmony, ice cube, snoop dogg, nas, xzibit, DMX and the list would go on..but i started listenin to rap when i was 11 when my cousin who's 26 brought the g-unit "beg for mecy" album to my b-day pasty . that was the exposure i needed. after that i asked him to show me more of rap and he should me the older stuff like pac, bone thugs etc (he's a big fan of old school rap)

Edited by Stuntin Plk
How old are you? :sly:

19 headin to 20 in 3 months :)

i know there are older rappers out there big, pac, bone thugs harmony, ice cube, snoop dogg, nas, xzibit, DMX and the list would go on..but i started listenin to rap when i was 11 when my cousin who's 26 brought the g-unit "beg for mecy" album to my b-day pasty . that was the exposure i needed. after that i asked him to show me more of rap and he should me the older stuff like pac, bone thugs etc (he's a big fan of old school rap)

That's all fine. I was just a bit taken aback when you were talking about five years ago as though it was some ancient, by-gone era. Made me feel old :hmph:

it makes feel old also i mean in my neighborhood im the only who bumps to older and lyrical tracks. every1 else is like 16 and bump young money music.

i laugh when they think their artist can match up to veterans

There is still a ton of great music being created today. Just because you can't find it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks are pumping out some incredible tunes

The Allman Brothers are still going strong

Phish is still pulling thirty thousand people to a show like it's no big deal

Gov't Mule

Further

Warren Haynes

Steez

Plus everything Josh said. The list just goes on.

However, I do feel like I was born in the wrong generation when it comes to music.

Lethal Hero

I prefer old school rap over new school rap. New School Rap is all about how much money you have, how many bitches you've fucked, how much money you just spent on the new Ferrari, and how many cars you have, etc. Old School Rap has a lot more meaning in the lyrics, and the lyrics always told stories. Old School rappers for example Biggie, Nas, and Tupac were all storytellers if you listen to them rap and ACTUALLY pay attention to the lyrics. But just because I prefer old school rap doesn't mean I don't listen to New School rap :D Rappers like Wale, Kendrick Lamar, and J. Cole remind me of Old school rap, mostly J. Cole. If you listen to him rap he has the story telling ability of Nas, and he is a lyrical beast like Tupac.

After this era, Rap/Hip Hop might really be dead. I don't see my generation having any lyrical genius's like the generations before us.

I think music is based entirely on feeling, which is why I listen mostly to Heavy metal and Rock music.

I mean, if you look at mainstream artists like Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Justin Beiber, Rebecca Black, Drake and all these other "Artists" you'll see that their lyrics are all generic with no feeling or meaning behind them.

Now, if you look at bands from the 60's, 70's, or 80's(90's just pushing it, but still there) you'll see bands like The Beatles, Lynrd Skynrd, Cream, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Runaways, Rush, Toto, Van Halen, Led Zepplin and the like, you'll see that their instrumentals and lyrics all have a meaning and an unforgettable energy behind them which is something today's music desperately needs, but will never get.

It's all about quick money and "Fucking Bitches".

This is exactly why I legit hate mainstream/modern music, it's got no feeling or emotion to it...

R.I.P Good music