Pro Sports Topic

Jake

I thought I saw Noah say "fuck you, (not appropriate)" towards someone in the crowd, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt until they showed it on Sportscenter. Fucking dumbass, ugly fuck.

2-1 Heat :mez:

Man Utd won the Premier League today and will win the Champion's League on Saturday. Marvellous :)

It's clear that you haven't realized the EPL isn't the best league in Europe.

Barca will be the Champion's League Champions.

I didn't say that the Premier League is the best in Europe. But it is now you've brought it up. It may not have the best teams but it has entertainment which is what football's for. And this is United's 3rd Champion's League final in 4 years. I'd say the winner's unpredictable.

Lol watching Barca play is so boring.. pass on their own field for 70% of the game and then Messi finally does something to score. In the last Champion's league matches Real Madrid barely touched them and they went down as if it were the worst pain imaginable, getting in the refs face after every whistle to beckon for a yellow. And La Liga is so top heavy it's ridiculous. EPL's much better top to bottom, and Man U will work that ass on Saturday. :thumbup:

Btw I thought United already won the league since they beat Chelsea and then tied the next game?

Edited by Drewski

Man Utd won the Premier League today and will win the Champion's League on Saturday. Marvellous :)

I didn't say that the Premier League is the best in Europe. But it is now you've brought it up. It may not have the best teams but it has entertainment which is what football's for. And this is United's 3rd Champion's League final in 4 years. I'd say the winner's unpredictable.

Lol watching Barca play is so boring.. pass on their own field for 70% of the game and then Messi finally does something to score. In the last Champion's league matches Real Madrid barely touched them and they went down as if it were the worst pain imaginable, getting in the refs face after every whistle to beckon for a yellow. And La Liga is so top heavy it's ridiculous. EPL's much better top to bottom, and Man U will work that ass on Saturday. :thumbup:

Btw I thought United already won the league since they beat Chelsea and then tied the next game?

Yeah they had already won the league last weekend. You saying about Barcelona players going down easily every time there's a tackle - That's why English clubs haven't had the successes they should have in European competitions. The PL is a lot more physical and the refs are a lot less card-happy.

Barkley says the same shit at every halftime.

"The Bulls have to feel pretty good because they're only down by X."

And this is why I dislike him

Heat win in 6

Btw can we change this to American pro sports just to clarify for the eurofags

Edited by Cordeiro

Yeah they had already won the league last weekend. You saying about Barcelona players going down easily every time there's a tackle - That's why English clubs haven't had the successes they should have in European competitions. The PL is a lot more physical and the refs are a lot less card-happy.

Foreign Football players are such pussies. Whenever you touch them, they go down like a sack of shit. The British players never go down like that, they just get up and get on with the game. The foreign referees are shit as well. They never let the game flow, if there's a semi-hard tackle they call it a foul.

As for the EPL not being the best league in Europe, I highly doubt that. Yes, the last English team to win it was about 3 years ago (I've suppressed that memory at the back of my brain) but being the best league isn't about one team winning the Champions League. If you looked back over the years, Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd and maybe Liverpool have dominated the latter stages of the Champions League. There's been at least one (if not two) English team in the semi's for the last 5 years (I think). Not many countries can say that.

This year, although the quality of football hasn't been so great, the league as a whole has become so close. Previous years the gap between top and bottom has been huge, but now that gap has been closed. The general rule of thumb in the league to stay up is 40 points or over (that's pretty much been true in the league's history). Now the teams got 40 points and has been relegated. The winning amount of points have decreased as well thus showing the gap in quality between top and bottom has narrowed. If you were watching the football on Sunday, the drama was immense. Nobody knew till the final whistle who was going to get relegated. A struggling team would score a goal and send the other two down, then the other would score a goal and send that struggling team down and it was basically yo-yo'ing till the end of the 90 minutes. I don't think you can get that sort of drama anywhere for a final day of a league in any sport.

That being said, I want Barcelona to win simply because my family are Utd supporters and I had to endure the horror of being at old trafford and watching them knock out my team in the Champions League Quarter Finals

Edited by Luke

I find it funny how everyone wants to make a big deal out of Lance Armstrong and doping. The way I see it, he was leveling the playing field. Let's see how many of his competitors would throw him under the bus if they had to have radiation and chemo pumped into their body for years, and then recover to perform at a world-class level.

I put more disgrace in the people around him trying to make a quick buck and some notoriety over anything Lance did. It's also worth mentioning how revealing him "cheating" could do irreparable harm to the spirit of cancer treatment and recovery.

Foreign Football players are such pussies. Whenever you touch them, they go down like a sack of shit. The British players never go down like that, they just get up and get on with the game. The foreign referees are shit as well. They never let the game flow, if there's a semi-hard tackle they call it a foul.

As for the EPL not being the best league in Europe, I highly doubt that. Yes, the last English team to win it was about 3 years ago (I've suppressed that memory at the back of my brain) but being the best league isn't about one team winning the Champions League. If you looked back over the years, Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd and maybe Liverpool have dominated the latter stages of the Champions League. There's been at least one (if not two) English team in the semi's for the last 5 years (I think). Not many countries can say that.

This year, although the quality of football hasn't been so great, the league as a whole has become so close. Previous years the gap between top and bottom has been huge, but now that gap has been closed. The general rule of thumb in the league to stay up is 40 points or over (that's pretty much been true in the league's history). Now the teams got 40 points and has been relegated. The winning amount of points have decreased as well thus showing the gap in quality between top and bottom has narrowed. If you were watching the football on Sunday, the drama was immense. Nobody knew till the final whistle who was going to get relegated. A struggling team would score a goal and send the other two down, then the other would score a goal and send that struggling team down and it was basically yo-yo'ing till the end of the 90 minutes. I don't think you can get that sort of drama anywhere for a final day of a league in any sport.

That being said, I want Barcelona to win simply because my family are Utd supporters and I had to endure the horror of being at old trafford and watching them knock out my team in the Champions League Quarter Finals

Agreed, except the part about going for Barca. :P

I do hope Torres picks his shit up, he's been dreadful for Chelsea so far. Any word on who will be replacing Carlo?

Edited by Drewski

I do hope Torres picks his shit up, he's been dreadful for Chelsea so far. Any word on who will be replacing Carlo?

Not as yet, I don't think.

I'm not sure too many managers will want the job to be honest. I believe (Luke will know better) that Abramovich is the thing causing these managers to have such horrible times. He definitely drove Mourinho out as Roman wanted to pick the team, and I'm pretty sure the reason Torres was playing for Chelsea ahead of Drogba in the second half of the season is because Abramovich wanted to see his £50m asset in action, even though Drogba is clearly better.

Also; There are rumours that Drogba wants to leave Chelsea which is horrible news for Chelsea fans, in my opinion. Drogba is one of, if not THE best attacker in the Premiership over the last 5 years or so. (This coming from a United fan). He's consistently scoring. The year Chelsea try to replace him with Torres, they almost lose out on 2nd place and Drogba only tallies 13 goals :dan:

I want Drogba to go to Spurs. If he leaves the PL, I don't think he'll do himself any favours. He's too big and strong for Liga BBVA and the pace is too slow in Serie A for him. And he's just generally too good to go to France or Germany.

English footballers in all their glory.

Just for the record, Dedale: When Rooney got back to training for Man Utd with Ronaldo - Rooney told Ronaldo not to worry about it. And when he's spoken since, Rooney's said that Ronaldo was just doing what he could to help his country win, and Rooney would have done the same.

Over the years, there were probably like 40 soccer posts (outside of the World Cup) on the General Sports topic. At this current rate, that mark might be beaten by next week.

Edited by Knightmare25

Not as yet, I don't think.

I'm not sure too many managers will want the job to be honest. I believe (Luke will know better) that Abramovich is the thing causing these managers to have such horrible times. He definitely drove Mourinho out as Roman wanted to pick the team, and I'm pretty sure the reason Torres was playing for Chelsea ahead of Drogba in the second half of the season is because Abramovich wanted to see his £50m asset in action, even though Drogba is clearly better.

Also; There are rumours that Drogba wants to leave Chelsea which is horrible news for Chelsea fans, in my opinion. Drogba is one of, if not THE best attacker in the Premiership over the last 5 years or so. (This coming from a United fan). He's consistently scoring. The year Chelsea try to replace him with Torres, they almost lose out on 2nd place and Drogba only tallies 13 goals :dan:

I want Drogba to go to Spurs. If he leaves the PL, I don't think he'll do himself any favours. He's too big and strong for Liga BBVA and the pace is too slow in Serie A for him. And he's just generally too good to go to France or Germany.

I def agree that is why Torres was playing ahead of Drogba. I've also heard that Drogba may be leaving, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave the premier league. I'd say Serie A would be more likely than La Liga or France, but then again there were Marseille rumors going around too. He is getting older and with the signing of Fernando one has to be thinking it could be likely.