A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

Showing the Brotherhood Without Banners without any sight of Beric? What a tease.

Glad to finally have Meera and Jojen.

The only thing that annoyed me about the second episode was how much of a pansy Jamie seemed. He's supposed to be the pokemon master of dueling.

Good episode overall though. The first two have been pretty great for build up episodes.

I'm 3/4 through A Feast For Crows.

I'm rewatching the first 2 seasons with my girlfriend before we start in on Season 3. The plan was to not have to wait for most of the episodes if we drag it out long enough... but we've been watching so much that we only have 4 or 5 episodes left in Season 2 now.

*Purposely not reading anyone's posts until I'm caught up on the TV Series*

I'm a fan of how they filmed the be-handing...un-handing...hand-offing...scene. Got the casual cruelty just right.

I second that.

I'm also a fan of their use of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

I'm not too sure what they're planning with the Theon story especially considering all his stuff was in book 5.

• 2 months later...

Overall, great season. Deviated from the books, quite a bit at some parts and chronology was a bit different but great nonetheless. I like how they ended it actually, it was where I would want them to end. Next season should start off with a bang.

All there's left to say is Hodor.

Overall, great season. Deviated from the books, quite a bit at some parts and chronology was a bit different but great nonetheless. I like how they ended it actually, it was where I would want them to end. Next season should start off with a bang.

All there's left to say is Hodor.

I haven't read the books (yet), are they doing it so that a season is a book or are they starting to intertwine them now

The first two seasons lined up with the first two books. The third is roughly the first half of the third book.

Soon they're going to have to start chopping up and reconfiguring the novels a bit more. There's so much going on that some characters/story lines don't even show up in the later novels. There's one novel without Tyrion or Daenerys, and that certainly wouldn't go over well on the show.

I've finally started to read the first book and I must say it's very intense. Though there are many characters to sink in at the start. My plan is to catch up with the series till the next season.

I like the show but I'lll echo Josh's sentiment that it can't compare to the books. I'm kind of annoyed with the changes...especially Rob's wife's attendence to RW....it pretty much destroys any possibility of her being a signifcant character in the next 2 books (long shot I know, but it's mostly the principle of the show interfereing with yet unwritten books that it's based on...)

Also, does anyone else get annoyed when people call Daenerys "khaleesi" as if that's her name and not just one of her zillion titles?

I like the show but I'lll echo Josh's sentiment that it can't compare to the books. I'm kind of annoyed with the changes...especially Rob's wife's attendence to RW....it pretty much destroys any possibility of her being a signifcant character in the next 2 books (long shot I know, but it's mostly the principle of the show interfereing with yet unwritten books that it's based on...)

The author is 100% involved with the scripting of the show. Nothing happens without his final say.

The author is 100% involved with the scripting of the show. Nothing happens without his final say.

What Atanas is saying is that the book readers had no idea if Robb's wife was going to have any significance in the unwritten 6th and 7th books. And now we know, thanks to the show.

What Atanas is saying is that the book readers had no idea if Robb's wife was going to have any significance in the unwritten 6th and 7th books. And now we know, thanks to the show.

Same could be said for Ned Stark, he could have been a main character in the show and future books. But you know, it doesn't end so well for him. But now we know he won't be.

Ned's story was concluded in the novels long before the show aired. In novel-land Jeyne/Talisa is currently still alive and (as far as I can remember) it hasn't been clearly stated if she's pregnant or not. So it's not quite the same.

Unfortunately I must confess that I refuse to read any of this thread due to potential plot spoilers I want specifically to avoid. (The internet is a terrible place to congregate if this is your goal, honestly) I will say, however, that I love the show. 

Ned's story was concluded in the novels long before the show aired. In novel-land Jeyne/Talisa is currently still alive and (as far as I can remember) it hasn't been clearly stated if she's pregnant or not. So it's not quite the same.

But the first three books have been out a long time too...