Yo what the hell

Finaltankss

Finaltankss

I tried logging in but it says that I have to be a member... no thanks! I'd rather spend 5$ buying random shit on ebay lol.

Unless a few oldies will actually play with me then I would!

Finaltankss

It's funny that not only do I reminisce of Gladz but I also happen to remember most of our rivals.

ZF - zer0123(not appropriate), supertitan, dragun666

DI - bibbleboy

EOH - tammy, panzer pure

MK - dukeofavalon, yamataka, tibberman

Exer - supavegeta

TD - tombraideruk, h3ll, and their other leader I forgot lol

Also people like xdx, raimus, the w_apostle brothers, and more

Back when rivalries between clans revolved only in game. Now I hear it's all about DDOSING or hacking or whatever.

To be honest, I really am glad Gladz is the way it was and the way it is now. I was always forcing Gladz to become more PK oriented back then even when I was still a junior member. Got to caught up with the whole "clan ranking" back then. We always had people who knew nothing about warring though, who would get left behind following me or other leaders in wars because they just are that newbie, or just didn't care. I'm even surprised we beat DS for the long awiated #1 rank. I know we prepared hard but we got bombed by random events and I could safely guess that at least 100 of us were distracted (some got even teleported or got their items noted for ignoring it). Every #1 clan always made an impact (BDK, RSD, DI, and DS prior to us) and I think, even while it was only short lived, that Gladz impact was PRETTY BIG AND SUBTLE. It showed the clan world that.... warring isn't everything LOL. It was really hard to accept Gladz to be #1 when half of us didn't even pk (don't even know where we got those 240 people from). I quit shortly after because I knew that change was on its way in clanning and that was the death of wars and the beginning of "returning run ins" which is basically what a pk run in is now.

Before that RSC never allowed topics for random run ins, it had to be a war or a miniwar. But that changed so I guess the clanworld's focus changed to those too. I mean why prepare for weeks for a war when you can just fight on the weekend. I knew Gladz would not be able to adapt to returning pks. People even had to be given rune sets back then JUST TO ATTEND wars. I was very sensitive to our power too so I left instead of seeing that power gone. I joined DF a few months after when DF was #1 to experience how it's like to be in an extremely active pking clan and that was fun UNTIL the game became so boring that fights lasted 6+ hours. When I was DF I would still secretly root for Gladz too and everytime I would see them lose in fights that are posted on RSC I would still get upset lol. It actually took a while for me to accept that Gladz is no longer the "power house".

Anyways, TLDR basically I'm glad Gladz remained true to its nature. Even with the constant change in RS the community still prevails because you didn't get tangled up with the whole RSC drama.

I probably won't be visiting for another couple of months again so I figured I'd leave a long post lol. I hope everyone stays safe, and that those people I mentioned in my post + everyone else are still... alive and doing well! Funny how you were all just "internet people" to me once and here I am 9 years later caring about you lol. Truth be told RS + Gladz helped shape the way I am now, so for that I thank you. Anyways, have fun!

P.S if n0va EVER posts in here tell him to email me or contact me somehow on FB.

Finaltank_sig_by_Pequ.png

Edited by Finaltank

I don't know, I can't help but agree with you on some points, but I'm not entirely certain that Gladz stayed true to it's nature--that it "took a seat" is probably more of an accurate description.

I say that because even though Gladz vehemently opposed becoming more PK-oriented, it followed all of the trends that were dictated by PK-clans on RSC

1- Super long/ridiculous application processes (which, when I was an involved, ranking, member, proved to be counterproductive--it didn't result in better applicants or longer stays).

In the old days, you applied and within 24 hours or so, you'd know if you made it.

2- MAP: centrally planned activity schedules were the downfall, IMO, of the last vestiges of the "spirit" of Gladz. Not to say that having an "official" team to host "official" events are bad (in fact, those are very good for the clan, but supply must meet demand--just because you host it, doesn't mean that people will come). Holding people to meet attendance minimums is communism. (lol)

In the old days, there was a ton of room for spontaneity, and then you'd have Ganja hosting one or two of his events per month, and then an official clan event 2-3 times a month (unless we had a build up for a war).

3- The PK equation and war effort could be maintained with a large enough clan (30% pullout in a 300 member clan would have been plenty for almost any pk run in/miniwar), but everyone was too caught up in the metrics--turning PK/warring into the equivalent of a job, instead of as an awesome way to kickbutt/have fun.

Meh.

Until now I don't think any of us knew that you really understood the nature of The Gladiatorz. Always nice to see people come full circle!

Don't be a stranger.

@Erador. We almost never let ourselves get sucked into the 3+ hour war scene. And we've always had someone or other trying to turn us into a 100% pvp clan, but nobody ever succeeded.

how do we start playing??? i still have my account but i know im lvl 3 again obvioulsy on old rs... but i havnt played since 07..so I don't have members.. confused as fuck how to start playing. 

how do we start playing??? i still have my account but i know im lvl 3 again obvioulsy on old rs... but i havnt played since 07..so I don't have members.. confused as fuck how to start playing. 

Kill chickens. Start from there. :) It's kinda nice!

Don't be a stranger.
If I see this phrase posted one more time, I am going to kill the person who said it.

Irregardless of whether or not it is posted again, Rafi will torcher you for the wisp of a threat.

@Erador. We almost never let ourselves get sucked into the 3+ hour war scene. And we've always had someone or other trying to turn us into a 100% pvp clan, but nobody ever succeeded.

Yah that's what I said...

oh haha i know killa1213, you were my fellow rsc troll.

oh wtf is this interface

lolwtfu.jpg

IM NUMBER ONE ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO BRO!!

haha what a loser. How you been?

Good bro. I've spent the year traveling. Seen 5 countries so far and flying to Indonesia in 2 days then Thailand a month after that then China a month after that. We should chat and catch up some time.

prince sarek

i liked yours 2. final tank hunted clans. after we lost to bk he hunted them every time they went out. thirdegree where fun aswell

Edited by prince sarek
prince sarek
finaltank had the best pk trips. 

Holy shit. Where did you come from?

i thought i would drop in. as i do from time to time.