PS4 and XboxOne

Ymesocool

The reasons I chose Xbox360 over PS3:

#1- All of my friends got Xbox

(this singlehandedly is the MOST IMPORTANT REASON FOR ANYONE. Buy the console your friends have. Everything else is minor nitpicky differences)

#2- Was much cheaper
#3- Gears of War exclusive

None of these are true anymore with the XBONEr. While I do still have a small core of friends who will be sticking with Microcock Softcock,  most have already made the move to PC gaming since the consoles became so dated about 5 years ago (see:Battlefield3).

Edited by Memphus

I pretty much blindly got a 360 because my friends had it, and I was tired of going to their houses whenever I wanted to lock myself up and play Halo 3 all night.

Looking back at it, i'd much prefer it if I had gotten a PS3.

Memphus can you ever promote an item without acting like a small child?

I have always had an xbox, but if I go console I will most likely go towards the PS4 for all the above reasons. Microsoft still has till November but I don't see how they dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.

I also haven't ever had great internet which has kept me from gaming on PC, but if the Air Force can provide some, I'll most likely invest in PC gaming.  

I won't get either on release, although I was planning to switch over to XBox.  It seems like they are doing things that are a bit "X"treme in terms of requirements however, and I don't want my gaming "X"perience to be ruined.

I really only play two console games in the end anyways: Madden and MLB: The Show (exclusive to PlayStation).  I'm sure XBox has a baseball game as well and I would not have minded trying it, but this required internet connection kinda seems like they expect you to have no life...If I wanted to go away for a weekend and have fun outside of my room, I'd be punished for it...FUCKING DUMB.

It feels like the past year or so Microsoft has been dropping the ball on quality/service. Windows 8 is useless to anyone who doesn't use a tablet
But tablets are the future mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, it's amazing that we can have this computer that we can carry around with us

3gaWF.jpg

huehuehuehuheuhuehuheuhuheuhuheuhueh

Xbox One is going hardcore on intellectual property enforcing. PS4 is not. And they're both insanely overpriced, less-capable versions of a regular computer. So I'm kind of with Crazedmage here. I could go out and buy the most ass-fuckin expensive graphics card I could possibly find instead of paying $500+ for some Big Brother DRM bullshit.  (Y)

genius level idea!

I said this like 2 years ago and haven't looked back!

It feels like the past year or so Microsoft has been dropping the ball on quality/service. Windows 8 is useless to anyone who doesn't use a tablet

But tablets are the future mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, it's amazing that we can have this computer that we can carry around with us

3gaWF.jpg

huehuehuehuheuhuehuheuhuheuhuheuhueh

Xbox One is going hardcore on intellectual property enforcing. PS4 is not. And they're both insanely overpriced, less-capable versions of a regular computer. So I'm kind of with Crazedmage here. I could go out and buy the most ass-fuckin expensive graphics card I could possibly find instead of paying $500+ for some Big Brother DRM bullshit.  (Y)

genius level idea!

I said this like 2 years ago and haven't looked back!

You need it to play all those indie games, huh?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeehhhe

I've heard a lot of hate on Microsoft because you can't trade used games and share them anymore. 

I talked to a guy at gamestop about this and he said the ps3 will be the same and yes you can trade them but you will be charged an extra fee so you can play it.

I will be buying a xbox one just because I prefer their controllers over the PlayStation for shooters but that's if I decided to buy another console.

Edited by A Dark Heart

I've heard a lot of hate on Microsoft because you can't trade used games and share them anymore. 

I talked to a guy at gamestop about this and he said the ps3 will be the same and yes you can trade them but you will be charged an extra fee so you can play it.

They've already said that they're allowing you to lend games but "if publishers want to restrict, they have the option to". Where Microsoft are forcing it from the get-go.

I will be buying a xbox one just because I prefer their controllers over the PlayStation for shooters but that's if I decided to buy another console.

The new controllers have new motors in the triggers that let you better feel the game as well. 

ex. a gun firing or a car accelerating 

I assume you were non-directly saying you'll be switching to PC gaming since your friends are. Just couldn't resist saying cock a couple times could you?

I won't get either on release, although I was planning to switch over to XBox.  It seems like they are doing things that are a bit "X"treme in terms of requirements however, and I don't want my gaming "X"perience to be ruined.

I really only play two console games in the end anyways: Madden and MLB: The Show (exclusive to PlayStation).  I'm sure XBox has a baseball game as well and I would not have minded trying it, but this required internet connection kinda seems like they expect you to have no life...If I wanted to go away for a weekend and have fun outside of my room, I'd be punished for it...FUCKING DUMB.

From my experience, MLB 2K is pretty bad. I'm not really a fan of The Show either, but I still think it's vastly superior to 2K. I wish EA never cut MVP Baseball from their lineup because I loved that franchise.

I just traded in my 360 and games towards a PS4. Got a total of 262 credit towards the system ^.^

Woah. I have the original white 360 (20g), as well as the new slim black one (250g). I wonder if it would be worth my time to go trade them both in now?

You'll definitely get more for them now as opposed to the closer you get to the release dates of the new consoles. GameStop may even have some trade-in bonuses if you use your trades to pre-order a new system or game. I believe I got a 20% trade-in bonus a couple of weeks ago for putting my game trade toward pre-ordering GTA V. The best part is that you can then go in at a later date, say you don't want GTA V, and use all the credit you got (including the bonus) toward anything else.

Edited by FSU Zach

I have heard from a few people who are good friends with higher ups at gamestop and they say the trade in value for everything is dropping on the 23rd this month. Also I have the old 20gig xbox. I guess I had a ton of value in games. Also you get a instant 35 dollars per 7 games traded so if you have a big collection it adds up quick.

I actually gave away 10 games to my brother in law before trading in the rest so it doesnt take much to pay off the ps4. 

I just traded in my 360 and games towards a PS4. Got a total of 262 credit towards the system ^.^
Does credit = $1? Or is there some credit shop or value tied to things

I hope you guys trading consoles in appreciate that GTAV among others are current gen releases? :dan:
console problems