PS4 and XboxOne

Ymesocool

If you get banned for whatever reason, you lose your whole library with no chance of getting it back, unless your ban is overturned. And you know how Microsoft is with banning people and not giving a shit.

You also don't ever own the game. You are literally leasing it for as long as they let you play it (which could be forever, I guess). It is technically not yours.

Not much different from Steam though.

yeah its $262 in store credit. I think they are dicks and give you less for cash but thats not really an issue since its going towards a ps4. Also im pretty sure ps3 games will be on the psn for ps4 so you could play GTA5 that way

yeah its $262 in store credit. I think they are dicks and give you less for cash but thats not really an issue since its going towards a ps4. Also im pretty sure ps3 games will be on the psn for ps4 so you could play GTA5 that way

Well, it should be noted that you won't be able to play PS3 discs on the PS4. Sony is however trying to build an emulation of every game so that it can be played on PS4, but I believe you'll have to buy them off of the PSN store.

If you get banned for whatever reason, you lose your whole library with no chance of getting it back, unless your ban is overturned. And you know how Microsoft is with banning people and not giving a shit.

You also don't ever own the game. You are literally leasing it for as long as they let you play it (which could be forever, I guess). It is technically not yours.

A Steam ban cuts you off from multiplayer access, but you do not lose your single player games.

A Steam ban cuts you off from multiplayer access, but you do not lose your single player games.

You still don't own your own games if you buy through steam though, and it's entirely possible your access to games can be revoked for really any reason

Any idea if games are going to be cheaper on the Xbox? If new games are ~$30-40 instead of $60, people may consider an Xbox instead.

That is literally the only way that Microsoft's decision making makes sense. 

I still kinda hope the Playstation does outsell it by that much. I want them to be punished for thinking of such a stupid series of ideas.

The fact that kinect is mandatory and still has the possibility to be spied through means I'm still not considering one. That and it's still £100 more expensive roughly.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future. 

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. 

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions. 

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray. 

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

At least they're trying. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

If I don't go PC, this is good news. 

I still kinda hope the Playstation does outsell it by that much. I want them to be punished for thinking of such a stupid series of ideas.

The fact that kinect is mandatory and still has the possibility to be spied through means I'm still not considering one. That and it's still £100 more expensive roughly.

I hope PS4 outsells 10:1 purely on the fact that Microsoft tried so find out how much of a scumbag company they could get away with.

The part of me that revels in schadenfreude was really hoping they'd go forward with all of that.