Elder Scrolls V

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim is on my wishlist along with MW3, Halo Anniversary, Battlefield 3 and Gears 3. I know those last 2 are already out, I just don't have them yet. There's just so many good games coming out this year.

I don't know whether to get it on PC or Xbox. The con for the PC is that my computer may not be able to run it so that it looks as amazing as I'd like it to do and the con of the xbox is that the controller sucks ass for Bethesda RPGs. :dan:

I don't know whether to get it on PC or Xbox. The con for the PC is that my computer may not be able to run it so that it looks as amazing as I'd like it to do and the con of the xbox is that the controller sucks ass for Bethesda RPGs. :dan:

Buy some simple PC upgrades so you're happy enough with how it runs, then buy the PC version. The mods alone will warrant the upgrade costs.

Buy some simple PC upgrades so you're happy enough with how it runs, then buy the PC version. The mods alone will warrant the upgrade costs.

I only have a laptop at the moment. It's not bad but not fabulous. i5, 4gb RAM, 1gb graphics and so on.

I'm thinking of getting a new serious PC though. Definitely won't have it before Skyrim comes out and I plan to get it day of release :dan:

I only have a laptop at the moment. It's not bad but not fabulous. i5, 4gb RAM, 1gb graphics and so on.

I'm thinking of getting a new serious PC though. Definitely won't have it before Skyrim comes out and I plan to get it day of release :dan:

Minimum requirements for Skyrim were released:

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2 GB System RAM
  • 6 GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
Recommended:
  • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4 GB System RAM
  • 6 GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card

Hardware is years ahead of software right now. There hasn't been a PC game that pushed the limits of high-end hardware since Crysis, and most likely there never will be again. Crysis pushed the limits of PC hardware so much that as a result most gaming videocards and CPUs try to stay ahead of the games. Very few games require much more than "average" level gaming hardware. That of course doesn't mean having high end stuff is a waste because the better the hardware the better framerates you'll get and the game will run smoother on high graphics settings. Skyrim looks amazing from the pictures I've see though, it should be a great looking game on a mid to high end gaming PC.