Elder Scrolls V

Scott

I remember i glitched the last quest in the thieves quest trying to retain the spring boots while falling down the chute (right before you land and they break). I saved or something and then switched boots. I couldn't get back in to do the quest over again and it registered me as still being upstairs in that room. I didn't have any save games within like 10 hours so I just restarted the entire game and played through how I would have if i knew what i was doing the first time.

You just won $5 Scott. Anyway, I can't see the woman again with a broken Xbox! That game was still too ahead f its time. Glitches were bound to happen.

I remember i glitched the last quest in the thieves quest trying to retain the spring boots while falling down the chute (right before you land and they break). I saved or something and then switched boots. I couldn't get back in to do the quest over again and it registered me as still being upstairs in that room. I didn't have any save games within like 10 hours so I just restarted the entire game and played through how I would have if i knew what i was doing the first time.

I just took the hp hit. Those boots are fucking legit; I wasn't letting them get destroyed.

You just won $5 Scott. Anyway, I can't see the woman again with a broken Xbox! That game was still too ahead f its time. Glitches were bound to happen.

Just throwing ideas out there. If you want to just weep your woe-is-mes in a corner by yourself, feel free :P

Naw, too late now. I wouldn't fix that now anyway. In fact, if I remember right, I started the game over and got pretty far and even saved over the other game file. But idk, I haven't played oblivion in so long.

I just took the hp hit. Those boots are fucking legit; I wasn't letting them get destroyed.

So true. Man, they were probably one of my favorites items in general in the game.

Thought....why didn't I ever make a jump suit out of max acrobatics based gear? THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING.

So true. Man, they were probably one of my favorites items in general in the game.

Thought....why didn't I ever make a jump suit out of max acrobatics based gear? THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING.

Deathly Visage + Acrobatics gear = close gates in under five minutes a piece

So, how did you guys steal items?

I always used ghostwalk or similar. Cast ghostwalk -> pick door -> go through door -> cast -> open chest -> pick up item. Probably with a few more casts in there.

I think I did it the most tedious yet easiest way possible but I'm not sure how anyone would have done it any differently without waiting for scripted opportunities. How did you guys do them?

I never really played a thief. If I really needed to steal something, I'd cast Deathly Visage to get into position then a 100% chameleon spell.

I never really played a thief. If I really needed to steal something, I'd cast Deathly Visage to get into position then a 100% chameleon spell.

i had a 100% chameleon set of glass armor. legit.

i had a 100% chameleon set of glass armor. legit.

I thought about it but stopped myself.

So, how did you guys steal items?

I always used ghostwalk or similar. Cast ghostwalk -> pick door -> go through door -> cast -> open chest -> pick up item. Probably with a few more casts in there.

I think I did it the most tedious yet easiest way possible but I'm not sure how anyone would have done it any differently without waiting for scripted opportunities. How did you guys do them?

Depends. Lots of times it was easy enough in shops to see one or two items I liked. So, I'd run up the stairs until they followed me, hurry to the item and grab it before they can see. Otherwise, I would pick up the item, carry it up the stairs, then steal it :P

Gave Elder Scrolls IV another chance, I'm grinding that shit, it's good fun.

Just have to wrap up the main story line, and the expansion thingy to complete the achievement whoring.

Really glad I gave it a second chance.

Edited by Dedale