Pokemon Sun/Moon Discussions

Deathcon

Caught all legendaries finally!  Next up begins the long process of completing the alolan pokedex.  Anyways here's my current team.

Primarina (Son Goku) (level 64)

Lunala (level 62-63)

Salazzle (level 62)

Magnezone (level 57)

Crabominable (level 57-58)

Alakazam (level 53)

Level differences only due to the fact that I was using some ultra beasts during my quest to get the legendaries.  This is the team I defeated the pokemon league with though.

Finneon and Gyarados died. Replaced them withAraquanid. Which is water/bug. It's filling a niche nicely, though I'd like to replace my misdreavus with an electric or psychic type. I almost had an Alola Geodude (rock/electric) but the ahole used self destruct. 

50 minutes ago, James said:

Finneon and Gyarados died. Replaced them withAraquanid. Which is water/bug. It's filling a niche nicely, though I'd like to replace my misdreavus with an electric or psychic type. I almost had an Alola Geodude (rock/electric) but the ahole used self destruct. 

Araquanid's ability is actually really strong. It doubles the basepower of water moves....BEFORE STAB BOOST. It also prevents being burned, and reduces fire dmg taken by 50%.

Scald is 80BP

80*2=160+50%[stab buff] =240 base power

Now imagine that with rain boost.

Araquanids sp.atk is like 130 too.

While frail araquanid also gets access to leech life for some sustain.

Edited by Deathcon4111
1 hour ago, Deathcon4111 said:

Araquanid's ability is actually really strong. It doubles the basepower of water moves....BEFORE STAB BOOST. It also prevents being burned, and reduces fire dmg taken by 50%.

Scald is 80BP

Yeah. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I just replaced Misdreavus with a Slowbro who I just gave the best name ever. Bromohexual. 

2 hours ago, Deathcon4111 said:

Scald is 80BP

Also: the power boost to leech life is insane. 

@Deathcon4111

I lost my mudsdale. :jade:

Most of my pokemon are rather slow so the team of haunter and mymikyu wrecked me. Mudsdale died during that fight, then the ds died. So I left after I charged it and mudsdale died again my way to go release him. So he was definitely doomed. Lol. The totem pokemon are much more of a challenge than I thought they'd be. 

9 minutes ago, James said:

@Deathcon4111

I lost my mudsdale. :jade:

Most of my pokemon are rather slow so the team of haunter and mymikyu wrecked me. Mudsdale died during that fight, then the ds died. So I left after I charged it and mudsdale died again my way to go release him. So he was definitely doomed. Lol. The totem pokemon are much more of a challenge than I thought they'd be. 

:( The end game totem pokes actually get +1 all instead od specific stats like the first few.

37 minutes ago, James said:

I'm pretty pleased with the difficulty of the game so far. I'm not expecting to be able to finish my Nuzlocke. 

Same, im scared to start my nuzlocke lol

I've been pretty happy with the challenge the game has provided thus far. I have a pretty flawed, rag-tag team that I kind of threw together on a whim as I went through the game. Half of my team is first gen, and I'm kind of annoyed with myself for not actively going after some of the newer Pokemon, but whatever. 

16 minutes ago, Deathcon4111 said:

Same, im scared to start my nuzlocke lol

I feel like the water starter would be the easiest method. I'm glad the grass starter is kind of tanky because so many pokemon know dark moves. 

6 minutes ago, Cam I Am said:

I've been pretty happy with the challenge the game has provided thus far. I have a pretty flawed, rag-tag team that I kind of threw together on a whim as I went through the game. Half of my team is first gen, and I'm kind of annoyed with myself for not actively going after some of the newer Pokemon, but whatever. 

Yeah im sorta in the same boat, i think for a second playthrough im gonna aim for more gen7 mons.

Not gonna lie though, alolan muk has been the biggest mvp...acid armor/minimize is stupid beyond belief, that plus quick claw on him is just dumb...poison jab+poison touch ability gives a 60% poison chance.

I would've really liked to of included minior/mudsdale in my team along with alolan raichu(though still gen1 w/e)

6 hours ago, James said:

I feel like the water starter would be the easiest method. I'm glad the grass starter is kind of tanky because so many pokemon know dark moves. 

Special defence is solid, physical is awful, AND I SWEAR TO FUCK EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME KNOWS FUCKING SUCKER PUNCH.

Did you permit yourself the free Munchlax for your Nuzlocke or no? I'm really not sure how these things actually work.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

Special defence is solid, physical is awful, AND I SWEAR TO FUCK EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME KNOWS FUCKING SUCKER PUNCH.

Did you permit yourself the free Munchlax for your Nuzlocke or no? I'm really not sure how these things actually work.

I'm not. I feel like special pokemon like that undermine the challenge. Other people do. It comes down to what you think fits your playthrough best. 

The core rules are:

Name your slaves

Only one new slave per new route name ( this is important here because there are less official routes here, but they have different pokemon on the same route. So route 1 and route 1 outskirts are two different places)

Murder those who fail you.

Beyond that the rules are up to you. I allow myself to fish in a new route and catch one tall grass pokemon. I also exclude evolutionary lines so long as that pokemon is still alive. So if I catch a spearrow and leave him in the box, but then run into a fearrow - I can skip him. But if my spearrow is dead then I have to catch him. Also I can't re-catch a dead pokemon. No zombies bro. 

1 minute ago, Deathcon4111 said:

So your aware bottle caps dont affect breeding, if you max IVs on ditto with bottle caps, for breeding purposes it still has shit IVs.

Well that sucks.