What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

1 hour ago, MrFocoshi said:

my brother @Macacas, who i bought his first membership about 16 years ago, and only now presuade me to join.

This is so trueee ahaha

Finally I got him to play with me, only took 16years, so not much 

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing RuneScape 15 years ago. My friends Dad was playing on his laptop. Watching him doing his farm runs back in the day pulled me in.

• 2 months later...

I started playing runescape way back in the day when it was still 2D. My cousin and I got into mmorpgs together and it was our first one. A year or so later we got into Classic WoW.. Im sure you can guess the story from there on out. I RECENTLY started playing again because Retail WoW is pretty trash now and I've always wanted to get into PvM in runescape. They have made so many great updates and QoL features. 

my brother as been playing for 20 years and he finally convinced me to give it a try.......lets just say im addicted hardcore now lol  

• 2 months later...

Was really curious why I kept hearing about it, and why combat was praised so highly (for osrs). Played this originally, not realizing I was playing the "wrong" one from what I was intending. Now I dabble in both.

I cant remeber clearly how did i hear about the game, i think a friend of mind talked about it in school so i tried at home, i was 10 and didnt understand any english so with help of my brother i started playing and i liked so much that motivated me to learn english to be able to understand the game.

Edited by Gasti21
13 minutes ago, Gasti21 said:

...i liked so much that motivated me to learn english to be able to understand the game.

That's fantastic. I need a game like that in another language!

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fun ride to start playing the game with nearly no knowlage of english 😆

Edited by Gasti21

back in the day all my friends were playing it. id say 8 out of the 10 were all pkers, either pures or tanks, and the other 2 friends accounts were mains. very fun to compete with friends. and here i am still playing what feels to be a thousand years later. one of them plays osrs and the other still plays rs3

That era of runescape being popular through miniclip and the super early youtube era, I had some friends at school get me into it.

Truthfully I started playing after all the “buying gf” memes. Thought it was the funniest shit ever. And then my perfectionist ass is still playing because I must complete everything. Very slowly though. Because I am not very good at the game :sadbanana:

RNG Towelee

honestly i saw people playing it in libraries to include friends and i was like that looks cool and then my friends got me into it and taught me how to repair my broken axes from wc lol good times back then

I started around 15-16 years ago when I saw my brother play on his PC. I would try to sneak into his room to look at the URL because I was so intrigued (for some reason when I asked he would never tell me. ya know, sibling things). I got caught a few times trying to sneak into his room, but eventually I made it close enough to see Runescape on the top of the browser. Been playing ever since, and actually just recently surpassed his total xp... 😂

it started from a random game ads back in the 2000 which lead to on and off grinding and questing in the world and the outlook for adventure

I started playing runescape because the Armor was tiered originally the same way dungeons and dragons was from Iron, mithril, and adamantine Armor. It gave me DND vibes because at the time I was obsessed with DND pen and paper. What keeps me coming back is all the time I have invested into the character. I would say now that it has evolved I wouldn't have got that same feeling now that I did then. I did enjoy free to play during that season of life. Now I can't play the game without membership. 

My best friend when i was younger introduced me to runescape. Our friend group had so many good times together in runescape, pvm'ing, questing, socializing,...