What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

On 8/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, Abikus said:

is still playing because I must complete everything. Very slowly though. Because I am not very good at the game :sadbanana:

This is so me ...

One of my friends discovered RS in very early 2022, we created accounts then and played in the classic era, still somewhat remember how tedious everything was :D

man i was prolly 8 and my cousins were playing and pking outside edgeville and it looked fun asf running around in monk robs and a rune 2h 2 shotting folks lol

Cousin got me started back in 07 and we mainly just merched stuff. Now it's something to relax with after work (or during). Love seeing the numbers go up I guess

Well I played this when I was 12 with my younger brothers we all recently moved out and I started to miss them so now I’m on reliving memories of us playing RuneScape 

I started playing about 20 years ago, back when RS was out for about a year or less. Back then there were no safe zones, and me and my brother would play together to try to survive. It was brutal. Houses in non-wilderness spaces became de-facto bases for clans, who would barely survive long enough to smith bronze or iron armor to have a fighting chance against invaders into the house.

Without a clan, you'd spawn and someone would crack you in the head with a battle axe and kill you for the gold on your body. Newb spawn zones were perpetually camped by surviving players who made it past the spawn / death cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember, it was winter and i was 8 years old, and my elder brother's friend introduced us to the game, yup the run escape thing is a thing fr, i kept calling it run escape till i was 13, and then stopped playing, until i found out that, i had been calling the name wrong the whole time, and then started playing it again.

Not sure how my brother found RuneScape but I started playing the game through him. My parents were very strict and kept us pretty sheltered as we lived in a not so great area in Brooklyn. I started playing RS in 2006, been playing on and off since.

This is my second account I sold my first account years ago for cash. It was almost maxed and I regretted it but it is what it was.

I started anew on another account I made that was a pure PKer - LOL anyone remember pures?! (I still have Utube videos of me pking if anyone is interested LOL)

Anywho, I decided to max out this account in a few years as when RS3 came out PKing was pretty much dead content. Edgeville became a ghost town. 

Cub scouts and my brother and all the guys talking about it like it was the best thing ever. Because it was... and still is. small group of kids hanging around a small elementary school library talking about woodcutting and smithing and mining.... attack   strength    defence (we didnt care about def) fletching... killing goblins and cows... I no longer speak to any of the scouts. My brother who was the main reason I started to play the game also no longer plays. Most of the people in my life that i really enjoyed this game with have moved on... but I haven't. I'm not sure why but this game really means a lot to me and it means a lot to see people who still deeply care about this game. This game has had such an amazing journey and i'm so glad to have been part of it.

Edit: After reading some other people's posts... Well it seems like when RS got put on Miniclip it's popularity just shot up and if you grew up in that era of flash games then you had seen runescape before or club penguin or toon town or idk wizard101 was big then too. I personally tried out all of those games that i mentioned but I always came back to runescape. still in 2023 here i am

Edited by Zimmesco
2 hours ago, Zimmesco said:

Cub scouts and my brother and all the guys talking about it like it was the best thing ever. Because it was... and still is. small group of kids hanging around a small elementary school library talking about woodcutting and smithing and mining.... attack   strength    defence (we didnt care about def) fletching... killing goblins and cows... I no longer speak to any of the scouts. My brother who was the main reason I started to play the game also no longer plays. Most of the people in my life that i really enjoyed this game with have moved on... but I haven't. I'm not sure why but this game really means a lot to me and it means a lot to see people who still deeply care about this game. This game has had such an amazing journey and i'm so glad to have been part of it.

Edit: After reading some other people's posts... Well it seems like when RS got put on Miniclip it's popularity just shot up and if you grew up in that era of flash games then you had seen runescape before or club penguin or toon town or idk wizard101 was big then too. I personally tried out all of those games that i mentioned but I always came back to runescape. still in 2023 here i am

I feel this so hard man.

I remember seeing kids at my local library playing this game. I never had many IRL friends play, but i still talk to some friends i made in this game killing hill giants below edge for attack xp!

• 2 weeks later...

Used to hang out at the local library because they had computers, other kids my age were playing it and dragged me in. Not the worst kind of peer pressure that could happen at that age, but here I am with an insane amount of hours played.

• 1 month later...

My friend got me to start playing it in 2007. At the time, I was an avid Toontown player (I was 10 for context), but since Toontown was growing stale I ended up switching over to RuneScape. I thought it would be temporary, and I did quit a few times for good (2015 for 6 months, 2018 for a year, 2020-2021 for 1.5 years) but I always ended up coming back. RuneScape gives me something to pass the time, and keeps me from being a delinquent or being bored. OK, I admit that it also makes me less inclined to shower or do my chores sometimes...but all in all RuneScape has given me a lot of fun and kept me out of trouble. So I've stuck around :)

I use to have a neighbor in elementary school and she invited me over for dinner one night and when i walked in her older brother was on the pc playing runscape 2007 and when i saw him playing that i asked what it was and right then and there he sat me down and we created an account and ever sense ive been off and on with old school and rs3

A friend made me an account at his and I always wanted to go to his after house and just learn more about the game! I remember picking flax and spinning it on a wheel to make bowstring to sell 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I joined due to a childhood best friend, I remember our first day we were harassing some dude and his buddy idr what about, but they teleported away with the lumbridge home teleport. We had no clue how they got away so we basically did a magic training montage to like 20 magic before we realized it was just the lumbridge home teleport lmao. Been hooked ever since,