What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

Was at my grandmas house when my uncle showed me this game and I couldnt stop playing it for awhile. I was on and off all my life and not sure if he even plays anymore or knows how much of an impact he had on my life with this game? But its been fun and ive been consistent for a year or two now?

Just browsing for a game to play on Google, I stumbled on RuneScape. I started playing a little and come to realize a bunch of peeps at school also played, so that was really neat.

• 1 month later...

Played Wow since BC, but got tired of the newer game design choices they made in the more modern expansions. Play FF14, but it doesn't scratch the itch I have for grinding and chasing gear. I also had 2 months off with the birth of my daughter so it was the right time. :)

Scape Classic

Oooh, that's a great question!

I started back in August of 2001 initially with one of my friends from school showing me this game that was introduced while he was visiting England/Ireland for 2 weeks. I created an account for the first time and was emersed into the game as it was revolutionary at the time and unlike other titles. I was very fortunate at the time as my family was in the telecommunications department and had access to great equipment(at the time) but was a struggle as dial-up was a thing. years had passed and in march of 2005 my first account had been stollen due to a scam I had fell for(unknowingly) in result I had taken a few weeks away from the game which became a year. Finally in 2006 I finally built up the energy and created my account(used today). I would say one of my proudest achievements to this day was dedicating myself to staying 137 with 99 hp(all other combat skills at 98) from 2008 until two months after the release of keepsake keys. I am happy to say I am one of the few with the cape that earned it through time and dedication without boosting it with soul wars or other means. I hope this story proves interesting and I plan to read everyone's as well and share new experiences to come!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Flooshinator

Had a friend that was super into it. Really loved it but always got burnt out. Came back recently and am not trying to rush anything and just enjoying leveling and exploring.

Some boys were talking about it in my freshman year of high school.  Checked it out a bit as a F2P player, and then somehow remembered it as a young adult.  Been playing on and off since.

Got dragged into playing runescape back when it was classic in school on the library computers now its become an itch i have to scratch every now and then XD

• 4 weeks later...

I was in grade 7 and my friend came to school and told me to go on the internet and type run escape.com but without the spaces and ive been playing ever since, over 20 years.

My brother used to play it all the time when we were growing up and I used to wanna be like him so I used to copy what he did ahah. Now my bf plays it but he plays the old one and we’re in competition to who can reach lvl 99 in any skill ?

Jerrymouse

website called flashplayer7 dot com i think. wed play it at school in the browser. it had a bunch of games, spank the monkey was one of my favorites. apparently still is XD.

robot battle or something was also a classic, thats a fine glass of nostalgia that is

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My son started playing years ago when he was young. He kept asking me for help. Eventually he got bored and I got hooked - like a drug 😜and took over from there!

I remember being such a noob mining ore and killing scorpions while waiting for the ore to regenerate. I thought I was so cool skilling mining and combat at the same time 😆

• 2 weeks later...

A friend showed it to me when it was super new and had one server and shortly after I started playing it gained three servers. In 2001, I think? Well, my first impression was a bit of fascination, but then I ended up getting killed by players as pking was allowed everywhere except banks I believe. So I quit after not understanding what to do really.

Then fast forward a few months/maybe a year or so. I'm on my way home from a party, super duper drunk and had quite some distance to walk home, starting to get really tired and cold as it was raining. I barely remember the hazy memories when I recognize a classmate's house and for some reason I enter through their garage which was unlocked. I stumble around in there for a little while, barely able to stand. Then just as they are going to sleep they discover me. Then my classmate's brother decides to take care of me so he takes me up to his room and show me how to properly play Runescape and he was pretty good at pking and proper pking looked fun.

So after that drunken adventure I decided to try Runescape again and that time I got hooked. Though I've not played much in the past 10 years or so. Last I played I believe was in 2016 and now it seems I can't access my account. I think I got hacked and when I try to recover I only get a Jagex mail for another account I had linked to the same e-mail. Not that I have intentions to return at the moment, but it would still be kinda nice to have my main account back. So we'll see if I'll bother trying to contact Jagex in some fashion at some point.

Had a friend named thomas when I was 10 (He was crazy) and he got me into it when i saw him and his brother looting some pyramid over and over to make bank.

• 2 weeks later...