Steam

Joshjrn

Get L4D 1+2 barnybro

What's your steam name so I can add you?

Do you guys even still play that?

Not lately, but I don't have a problem with picking it back up

I mostly play shooters and the occasional RPG, but I'm just looking for anything I can waste some time on. Preferably for under 20 bucks.

So far I've only downloaded team fortress 2. I'm thinking about buying Amnesia and Portal 'cause I've heard they're both fun but otherwise I'm pretty clueless on good PC games.

Killing Floor if you like zombies.

I mostly play shooters and the occasional RPG, but I'm just looking for anything I can waste some time on. Preferably for under 20 bucks.

So far I've only downloaded team fortress 2. I'm thinking about buying Amnesia and Portal 'cause I've heard they're both fun but otherwise I'm pretty clueless on good PC games.

Fuck your floor killing.

Get L4D 1+2 barnybro

Which one do you guys play most?

Is my name my email, my username, or the name I made for the community thing. I'm confused.

I love zombies

For some reason I expected more games on Steam to be like $5-10. I can't afford to be buying all these games for $20 :(

Get L4D 1+2 barnybro

Which one do you guys play most?

Is my name my email, my username, or the name I made for the community thing. I'm confused.

The one you use to login. And all the games you really need to buy are cheap

Just finished Portal. Awesome game. I loved the end, but I was disappointed it took me under 3 hours to beat the thing :(

Bob get in IRC so we can exchange usernames, yo. I bought this game pack that came with L4D 1/2, Source and a bunch of other shit.

Edited by Barny

Just finished Portal. Awesome game. I loved the end, but I was disappointed it took me under 3 hours to beat the thing :(

Bob get in IRC so we can exchange usernames, yo. I bought this game pack that came with L4D 1/2, Source and a bunch of other shit.

Play the bonus levels and challenge levels. You'll get several more hours of play out of them.

And if you liked the gameplay, get Portal 2. Will take you quite a bit longer (though still not a "long" game by any stretch of the imagination).

Play the bonus levels and challenge levels. You'll get several more hours of play out of them.

And if you liked the gameplay, get Portal 2. Will take you quite a bit longer (though still not a "long" game by any stretch of the imagination).

I remember playing the challenge levels doing the time thing/fewest portals etc. It was like level 16 where you're supposed to get the block to open the door then have the ball come down the ceiling to lower the platform and after like an hour im like "i wonder if i can create enough momentum and fling myself up onto the platform?" third try and got it at like 7 seconds.

You're my new friend forever.

I remember playing the challenge levels doing the time thing/fewest portals etc. It was like level 16 where you're supposed to get the block to open the door then have the ball come down the ceiling to lower the platform and after like an hour im like "i wonder if i can create enough momentum and fling myself up onto the platform?" third try and got it at like 7 seconds.

Haha nice. There are some insane youtube videos of extreme portaling and people beating levels in just a few seconds. Shit gets me dizzy, though.

• 3 weeks later...

A few people were talking about Just Cause 2 earlier on TS. I downloaded Steam, and then downloaded the Just Cause 2 demo. I played it, but it was VERY laggy even though I turned down all the graphic/display settings to the very minimum. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Upgrade ram/graphics card.

I've ran World of Warcraft (with all expansions) and Guild Wars (with all expansions) on my computer as it is. Only lag I got in WoW was when I would enter a major city. I did have to get a new graphics card to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North, though.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series graphics card.

And I don't believe memory is the problem:

60431140.jpg

Will the gameplay get better if I actually buy the full-game, and not just play the demo? I lowered all of the graphics settings, and can drive pretty well now, but shooting accurately with this lag is out of the question.

Upgrade ram/graphics card.

I've ran World of Warcraft (with all expansions) and Guild Wars (with all expansions) on my computer as it is. Only lag I got in WoW was when I would enter a major city. I did have to get a new graphics card to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North, though.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series graphics card.

And I don't believe memory is the problem:

60431140.jpg

Will the gameplay get better if I actually buy the full-game, and not just play the demo? I lowered all of the graphics settings, and can drive pretty well now, but shooting accurately with this lag is out of the question.

post computer specs like processor speed and ram. anything dual core new ish should be able to play those games. if you haven't try turning off v-sync.

But how much RAM you got?

ramnf.jpg

I would really like to be able to get and play Just Cause 2 without the lag, and with my birthday being next Monday, that isn't a very unrealistic wish. I just need my comp to handle it :icon_confused: