Steam

Joshjrn

Go to best buy/newegg/whatever and buy it, make sure it's compatible with your computer and plug her on in

your computer's 4-5 years old or so?

looking at the recommended requirements you may be low on multiple things

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.6 GHz/AMD Phenom X3 @ 2.4 GHz

Memory: 3 GB

Hard Drive: 10 GB Free

Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/ATI Radeon HD 5750)

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 10.1

Keyboard & Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Edited by Doug ofGladz

Go to best buy/newegg/whatever and buy it, make sure it's compatible with your computer and plug her on in

Keyboard & Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Would it be better if I just bought a hard copy of the game, and ran that?

Keyboard & Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Would it be better if I just bought a hard copy of the game, and ran that?

Doubt it, because in the end you're still installing the 1's and 0's for the programming. Not to mention you are down a whole Gig on RAM. 4Gb seems to be a bare minimum for smoother playing on games today.

Also, is it lag or is just dropped frames? if it's the latter you'd also have to check on your gfx card.

Let me update with what I have, and I play w3:FT, Diablo IILoD, TF2, RS(derp), L4D/2, and others without any problems.

619Uo.png

These specs will play most decent games without a hitch.

Let me DL the demo and see if it lags for me.

Edited by Porsche 959

Doubt it, because in the end you're still installing the 1's and 0's for the programming. Not to mention you are down a whole Gig on RAM. 4Gb seems to be a bare minimum for smoother playing on games today.

Also, is it lag or is just dropped frames? if it's the latter you'd also have to check on your gfx card.

Let me update with what I have, and I play w3:FT, Diablo IILoD, TF2, RS(derp), L4D/2, and others without any problems.

619Uo.png

These specs will play most decent games without a hitch.

Let me DL the demo and see if it lags for me.

In all honesty, I would much rather get a hard copy of the game then have to update my PC's specs. Much cheaper that way. I can also get it for the 360, but I won't be able to play it nearly as much than if I got it for the PC, as my sister has domination of the television.

So are the req specs different from steam to the hardcopy CD?

:icon_confused:

I wished. It took me a very little over an hour to download the Demo from Steam, and it was my first download from Steam. From my experience, it takes much less time downloading if I have the CD's. As for the actual play requirement difference between the download and CD install, I do not know.

So are the req specs different from steam to the hardcopy CD?

:icon_confused:

I wished. It took me a very little over an hour to download the Demo from Steam, and it was my first download from Steam. From my experience, it takes much less time downloading if I have the CD's. As for the actual play requirement difference between the download and CD install, I do not know.

there will be no difference between demo and full install.

i don't even know what game you're trying to play but those req's are pretty high so anything older than just a few years isn't gonna run it. If you're at or near those requirements in terms of processor speed you may be able to run the game via compensating for it in other areas but it's not going to be enjoyable.

• 3 months later...

Made an account, so how does one know when there are free games to download from time to time? They send emails and such?

Edited by Emeraldwpn

Made an account, so how does one know when there are free games to download from time to time? They send emails and such?

A window will pop up on Thursday or Friday with new deals. Rarely is a game free, though.

Every other week should have some sort of free trial for a game (not a demo but you try out the full game for like a weekend). And then there's the Free-To-Play games that aren't half bad.

A window will pop up on Thursday or Friday with new deals. Rarely is a game free, though.

what about when portal was free?

Don't think it was ever free, just really really really cheap.

It was free at one point.

I got that shit for free back in the day

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I got a new gaming desktop the other day and got Batman: Arkham City & Battlefield 3 with it. Batman is amazing! It's much better than I was expecting (even after hearing of the hype Arkham Asylum and this one got).