Gladiatorz Cookbook

thegreatwha

Welcome to 'The Gladiatorz Cookbook'! ********************

NFCfXDO.jpg

In this thread we share our favorite recipes!

Whether it's food or drink, if you have a recipe, then POST THE RECIPE HERE!

There is only ONE rule on this thread:

POST ACTUAL RECIPES FOR FOOD/DRINK YOU EAT/DRINK IN REAL LIFE!

The idea is that if you ever want to reference this thread, you can always go back to it by page and find that special GLADIATORZ dish your clanmates snack on while they 'Scape. :)  We will be sure to reinforce this rule to ensure this thread is maintained for future clan posterity. Also, feel free to post pics or videos.

Be sure also to inform whether a recipe is Gluten-Free, made for a special specific diet, or what have-you.

Also, does your family or the country you live in have a unique recipe that you think we should/could all try?

We might not be able to sit down and eat it with you in-person, but we could prepare it and eat it while we chat in TS/Discord:eat:

Now let's post some recipes!!!!

To get us started, here is Angel Wong's 'Green Onion Pancakes' recipe/video I made earlier last year.  Was a lot of fun to prepare. :)

23 hours ago, Wolf said:

captain morgans coconut rum with mangos so goooooooooooooooooood lol 

?  

as far as food goes I am pretty uneventful there :reporter: 

A contribution is a contribution!  I can't say I've ever tried this one (I mean, I've had Cpt. Morgans and Mangos, just not the coconut w/ mangos.) Sometime soon, hopefully. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now something simple I prepared for lunch today. A very easy version from allrecipes.com. Here's the link. The original calls for ginger, but I didn't have it, so I made it anything without. There is a lot of room for variance in flavor for the sauce, so I'd encourage folks to explore. 

Basic Chicken & Broccoli

Ingredients:

2/3 cup of soy sauce

1/4 cup of brown sugar

A pinch of red-pepper flakes (or to taste)

2 tablespoons of water

2 tablespoons of cornstarch

2 teaspoons of veg. oil (or to taste)

3 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless, or your choice how you want to cut it)

1 sliced onion (however you like to slice it)

3 cups of Broccoli florets. 

- stir soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl to dissolve sugar into the liquid. Mix water and cornstarch together in a small bowl, stir with a whisk until cornstarch dissolves completely.

- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Fry chicken and onion in hot oil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the onion is tender. 5-7 minutes. Stir broccoli with the chicken and onion, saute until the broccoli is hot, about 5 minutes. Push the chicken and vegetables mixture to the side of the skillet.

- Pour the soy sauce mix into the skillet. Stir the cornstarch mix into the soy sauce mix, until the color is consistent. Move the chicken and vegetables back into the center to the pan and saute until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables, for about 5 minutes.

Serve with rice of your choice. 

Edited by thegreatwha

This is a pretty simple one, but my favorite breakfast by far:

2 eggs

1tbs almond milk (or whatever milk you want to use)

Pinch of salt and pepper

Mix in measuring glass or bowl and scramble

1/4 avocado sliced

1/2 tomato sliced

1 piece whole grain toast

Compose as an open faced sandwich and enjoy!

I can't claim this one, but it is also one of my go-to meals, and very healthy!

7E3JBE4.jpg

Edited by Afternine
11 minutes ago, Wolf said:

@Beric

what kind of fancy shit do you make for yourself

or you're tired of catering and it's all easy peasy things :reporter:

I'll be dumping a bunch in here once I feel like typing!

47 minutes ago, Ymesocool said:

Semi-related but anyone else have an air fryer or Instapot? The amount of use I get out of those two appliances is pretty amazing.

I have both. The Instant Pot gets used almost daily, but I don't really know what to do with the air fryer. 

30 minutes ago, Beric said:

I have both. The Instant Pot gets used almost daily, but I don't really know what to do with the air fryer. 

• Crunch-wraps and taquitos are go-to's for me since they're so easy (but require using a pan to meal-prep the meats and vegetables in advance).
  • Really any type of chicken or meat with healthy amounts of seasoning or a flour coating.  Also a plain old hot-dog or any kind of sausage. 
  • Vegetables like zucchini, potato (literally all kinds), pickles, cauliflower, jalapenos. 
  • I've also seem some appetizing samosa recipes but I haven't tried them yet.

I love the air-fryer because I can eat all of the unhealthy stuff above and feel a lot less bad about doing so, but also because I'm lazy but still want to cook and once the vegetables are cut, I don't touch them until they're done (for the most part).

3 minutes ago, Ymesocool said:

Really any type of chicken or meat with healthy amounts of seasoning or a flour coating.  Also a plain old hot-dog or any kind of sausage. 

I tried making fried chicken with it a few times and found the texture of the meat to be off-putting in a way I have a hard time putting words to. 

I'll definitely have to throw some taquitos in there, that sounds great. 

45 minutes ago, Beric said:

Weren't you writing a bunch out to PM to Drake a couple years back? Not sure how far along you ever got with that, or if you'd be able to dig through your massive inbox to find them, but if you can you could always start by copy/pasting those :reporter:

EDIT: I quoted the wrong thing and don't care enough to fix it.

5 minutes ago, Cam L said:

Weren't you writing a bunch out to PM to Drake a couple years back? Not sure how far along you ever got with that, or if you'd be able to dig through your massive inbox to find them, but if you can you could always start by copy/pasting those :reporter:

I did send him a huge list, but this is the problem: 85e78daa6b190ddd7674f066890c2e9b.png

I tried to search for it, but for some reason inbox searches are limited to results within the last year. :ohwell:

I made my own variant on Fettuccine Aglio e Olio last night. It's a fast and easy dish to make when you are short on time that delivers a loooot of flavor. 

3-4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced

Half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes

A metric fuck ton of fresh parsley

Like 1/3-1/2 a cup of olive oil.  I eyeball it. 

A solid handful of any long pasta. I used fettuccine last. 

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Throw in a huge fucking fistful of salt into the water. Salty as the ocean. This is the only time the pasta gets seasoned and most of the salt will go down the drain anyways. Throw in your pasta and stir it to get it all submerged.  

In another wide pan get the olive oil, garlic, a tiny bit of salt, and red pepper flakes heating up. If you time it right the pasta will finish as soon as the garlic is cooked. If the pasta takes longer to cook, simply wait for the edge of the garlic slices to just barely start to turn brown and kill the heat. Itll keep cooking after. 

You want the pasta to be undercooked slightly because it will finish cooking in the frying pan. Take a noodle out and take a bite. It should be tender and tasty but you should still see a bit of "white" uncooked pasta in the very center in the bite you took. 

Throw the pasta in the lan and return it to a low heat if needed. Add a ladle full of Italian Life Blood (pasta water) into the pan and stir to help develop a sauce. This makes it less "pasta coated in oil" and more like a "creamy silky smooth delicious pasta dish of fucking awesomeness" . 

Add as much parsley as you want. I am a bit heavy handed with it but everyone is different. 

Last night I made it as a quick and lazy dinner because I was exhausted and wanted to eat and go to bed. It took ten minutes including the time to get the water to a boil. I also grated a little bit parmesan into it on a whim. If you do this, stir it in slowly. You also dont need much. It's not traditionally a dish that calls for cheese but you do you boo. You do you. 

Edited by James
  • 1 month later...

@thegreatwha Here's the recipe we were talking about. This is from memory and I've never measured/written the ingredients down, so definitely taste as you go (as you always should anyways). 

1lb of cheap cuts of bone-in lamb. I typically use necks, sometimes shoulders. 

1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well. 

2 large onions, roughly chopped. 

4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced. 

3 cups of chicken broth. 

Salt, to taste. 

1 tsp red chili pepper flakes. 

1 tbsp turmeric 

2 tsp cumin

1 tsp paprika 

Olive oil

Season the lamb with salt, brown in the olive oil. Remove from the pan, and set aside. Add the onions to the pan and cook until just starting to go translucent, add garlic, cook ~20 seconds. Add the lamb back to the pan, add the broth and all of the spices besides the chili flakes. Simmer for 1.5 hours. Add the chickpeas and chili flakes. Simmer for 30 more minutes. Then you're done! 

Make some bread while you're waiting :reporter:

On 3/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, Wolf said:

captain morgans coconut rum with mangos so goooooooooooooooooood lol 

as far as food goes I am pretty uneventful there :reporter: 

When’re we getting married??? Coconut is my favorite. :biggrinlove:

2 hours ago, Beric said:

@thegreatwha Here's the recipe we were talking about. This is from memory and I've never measured/written the ingredients down, so definitely taste as you go (as you always should anyways). 

1lb of cheap cuts of bone-in lamb. I typically use necks, sometimes shoulders. 

1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well. 

2 large onions, roughly chopped. 

4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced. 

3 cups of chicken broth. 

Salt, to taste. 

1 tsp red chili pepper flakes. 

1 tbsp turmeric 

2 tsp cumin

1 tsp paprika 

Olive oil

Season the lamb with salt, brown in the olive oil. Remove from the pan, and set aside. Add the onions to the pan and cook until just starting to go translucent, add garlic, cook ~20 seconds. Add the lamb back to the pan, add the broth and all of the spices besides the chili flakes. Simmer for 1.5 hours. Add the chickpeas and chili flakes. Simmer for 30 more minutes. Then you're done! 

Make some bread while you're waiting :reporter:

That sounds good! I'm finally over my Thai food kick so I'll have to try it!

Toxic Ryuu
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) vodka
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) Irish cream liqueur
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) butterscotch schnapps
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) coffee flavored liqueur

and bam! you got a buttery nipple :D one of my favorite drinks/ normally its just a shot for me