World Cup

Death Angle4

Allez Les Bleus!

Ils ont un groupe très facile! They have been performing quite well though, but a real test for them has yet to come.

Germany and Netherlands are obvious strong performers. I'd definitely like to see a team like Chile or Costa Rica battle to the end though. They're very exciting to watch.

Allez Les Bleus!

Ils ont un groupe très facile! They have been performing quite well though, but a real test for them has yet to come.

Germany and Netherlands are obvious strong performers. I'd definitely like to see a team like Chile or Costa Rica battle to the end though. They're very exciting to watch.

Yes! Costa Rica has impressed me more for some reason, but I am excited to see how they do moving forward as well.

I am going to facepalm so much if the United States ends up not moving out of the group just because they really could have sealed the deal during that Portugal Match. Regardless of that though I have to say they have overall been playing decent and have been holding their own when everyone in the media beforehand had counted them out of the running before it even started.

He's such a dirty player

I cried out of laughter when I saw him doing it again. Another picture, haha -->

W4Gqu8q.jpg

The amount of memes out there is great. I particularly enjoyed the zombie ones lol

Leaving Brazil tomorrow after following a disappointing England team around Brazil in the group stages. Even though we didnt win a game, I loved the experience of being at the World cup in Brazil. Nothing like it.

As for Suarez you would have thought he learnt being banned for like 18 games in total for two of the same offences but apparently not. Fifa is going to (or should) ruin him not just for that bite but for the accumulation of his failures (other 2 bites and racisim). Benchmark for ban is 8 games and thats only for spitting so be ready to see AT MIN 10+ game ban whether its domestic or international.

As for the WC itself, talking to few Brazilians here, they're really nervous about playing Chile who are well organised and have bundles of energy to chase down balls and make tackles. Pretty much the Atletico Madrid of this competition. I have a feeling France may suprise a few people. Originally I felt that Brazil would win it but they havent really impressed me and Neymars pretty much carrying them but as the tournament progressed i have a feeling Germany may take this. Argentina has too poor a defence to win this fespite Messi's heroics this far

We lost and I guess we're moving on? This sport is way too far over my head

They advanced because of the point system and Portugal helping them out by beating Ghana :reporter:

The American Defense did well despite a few hiccups against Germany but will see what happens in the next round. I don't know how they will hold up against Belgium if Belgium wins the group though xD.

I'm jealous that you got to actually go to Brazil Luke :(

We lost and I guess we're moving on? This sport is way too far over my head

Group stage has four teams per group, round robin style. Top two advance. I don't know why Americans tend to struggle with it so much :laugh:

Edited by Joshjrn

Ronaldo just seemed so arrogant. It looked like he thought he was just too good to be playing with a group of average players, and didn't think it was worth his time. I lost a bit of respect for ronaldo because it's his home country and in my opinion he should be playing harder. When he scored the winning goal against Ghana (pretty sure it was Ghana) he didn't celebrate at all. It was the winning goal and he couldn't give two shits. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the first plane back to spain.

He knew that they still wouldn't advance. I'm not terribly surprised that he wasn't elated over what was essentially a meaningless goal.

Also he has to play with Nani.  I always laugh my ass off when I see that clip of Nani getting offsides on Ronaldo's amazing play to take away a goal (forgot who it was against)

Portugal was plagued with injuries. Coentrao was injured in the Germany game (left back), and the USA abused that flank the entire game, as his replacement wasn't up to the task. Ronaldo was not 100% fit and had tendinitis, only only really looked to be a shadow of himself in game 3. Number 1 Goal Keeper Rui Patricio was also injured in the first game, as well as Hugo Almeida (striker, although he's nothing special). Alves (CB) also had a lingering injury, so it was an overall lousy campaign.

The Germany game went downhill when Pepe (CB) got that stupid red card, also removing himself from the match with the USA. Not too much depth on the roster besides the starting 11.

@Angus I didn't get that vibe at all, he seemed frustrated more than anything. In the Ghana game he had some great chances but was shut down by the GK on multiple occasions.