World Cup

Death Angle4

being from the uk, im surrounded by football and the world cup atm so id just like to share my thoughts on whats left

down to last 8 now, bored so im gonna call each game:

brazil vs columbia - columbia, rodriguez is on fire and brazil havent look all too convincing yet, especially against chillie, i must say im calling this one mainly on just who i would like to see win the whole tournament, columbia i would consider to be the dark horse of the last 8 but they are not to be underestimated.

france vs germany - france, tough call, although germany should win this on paper, france have better momentum going into the game, this is the game i am most looking forward too personally as i think that this is the first proper big crunch game in terms of not having a clear cut winner on paper

belgium vs argentina, argentina, closer than what it seems, argentina's defense is poor and they rely heavily on messi for goals, despite belgium having almost a record number of shot against the usa, belgium havent actually had a proper test yet this world cup as they had arguably the easiest group, the usa played well but not at the level which they can expect against argentina.

costa rica vs holland, holland, costa rica have had a dream tournament having qualified top of their group, but lets face it, england are shit as much as i hate to admit it, italy played very poorly against them and when they beat uruguay, no suarez to bite and score his way to sucess. Holland are on another level to teams they have come up against so far, they were finalists in 2010 and look to be pushing for their first ever world title, robben is on fire and van persie isnt far behind, i feel that CRC will be undone as they should have been ealier in the tournament by the italians and the like who failed to do so in such spectacular (for CRC fans) fashion.

from my predictions there will be:

columbia vs france/germany - i honestly couldnt call this one but i would like to see columbia in a world cup final at least, if not picking it up at the end :P

argentina vs holland - i think holland will step up to the plate this year, argentina really need this world cup, but when you have quality players yet still try to push a one man team, you wont beat the top teams, as its a team game.

for 3rd vs 4th:

argentina vs france/germany - possible contender for game of the tournament here, three possible sides all as big as each other, i honestly thin we will see argentina easily mop up third place after not reaching the final, messi will have pressure lifted off him and will be able to perform as he should do normally (amazing :P)

aaaand the final:

Columbia vs. Holland - columbia (heart) Holland (head)if this is the final match then you all better watch it, these two teams are fast paced, full of excellent players and on top of that i feel that both of these sides have the drive to go the whole distance, while i hold Holland so dear to me for various reasons, i would love to see columbia win it, if the dutch are not in the final at least, i would be surprised.

and there we have my slightly opinionated prediction for the rest of the matches to feature

i have too much time to think about the world cup i think :S

might already be wrong about germany vs france, a poll on a sport site to who would win out of the last 8 came back with: germany 20.0%, holland 18.3% and columbia 15.7%, said brazil had the 4th most votes but they didnt say what % they had.

Edit: Unlucky France, should have turned on the burner's earlier rather than trying to keep the germans at 1 goal, i think they played better than Germany despite playing better.

Edited by Connorr

Should of been 8-0 if not for Ozil missing that last shot/not passing and allowing Brazil to take that counter-attack. Anyways. As I said before, GO GERMANY <3

Would be an exciting final if Argentina can pull through, but somehow I doubt it given their very close margin wins throughout the tournament and Di Maria's injury(who probably been involved in almost every one of their goals).

Somehow I can't see a Germany vs Netherlands game being too high scoring, since they don't leave many holes defensively. But we'll see!

:breakcomputer:  Neuer = red card, fkn maniac.

But any ways, I think it was an even match but unfortunately Germany had more luck at scoring the goal.

Actually disagree that the match was even. Germany were up the field a lot more than Argentina while Argentina only played on counter attacks, admittedly Germany's weakness as showcased in nearly every game they've played this World cup. 

Actually disagree that the match was even. Germany were up the field a lot more than Argentina while Argentina only played on counter attacks, admittedly Germany's weakness as showcased in nearly every game they've played this World cup. 

I'm not sure if I understand this right but if you mean ball possession with "up the field a lot more", we have quite different views on who's dominant on the field. For me, the ball possession is almost meaningless (for example take Barcelona or Bayern München). On the other hand, the goal opportunities are the ones which count for me the most.