College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

• 2 weeks later...

Still, were I an FSU fan and my baseball team got blownthefuckout by our arch-rival, I'd probably be less than amused. 

Our team this year was butt. They really overachieved to win 40+ games and the ACC tournament. I've never seen such a bad defensive team to even have a winning record. Our lineup was pretty thin, but we had some timely hitting that worked to our advantage. Team should be much stronger next season.

And UF and UM both got knocked out, so idgaf. Only annoying part of it is that we beat UF 2/3 times in the regular season before that pathetic showing in the supers.

Probably one of the top tier SEC units: Alabama, LSU, Auburn, or even Georgia. Outside of the south, Ohio State and USC should play that brand of ball fairly well this year.

All of those teams will play a fair bit on ESPN and its affiliate networks, so their games shouldn't be hard to find, even in the Great White North. If you're really interested, make sure you come back around in August, and we can point you in the right direction. Season starts first week of September.

Edited by Joshjrn
  • 2 weeks later...

Be careful when you hang your banners. Your erector set stadium might fall down :trollface:

We're renovating the stadium over the next 2 seasons. We're going to have a partial 2nd deck in one endzone!!!

What teams would be in my option if I enjoy a defensive style of team?

I'm in Canada so nooo idea where to watch college football

Michigan State is known for their defense. I wouldn't be surprised if they have preference on your regional telecasts, too. Ignoring Josh's clear SEC bias...Clemson and TCU will have really solid defenses, as well. Clemson finished last season with the #1 defense and should still be stout, while TCU, a traditionally defensive program, brings back almost their entire team that went 12-1.

And of course, FSU. :trollface:

If not for the question marks regarding our health at LB, I'd be inclined to put them up there with anyone on defense this season. Plus, that seems to be the side of the ball that's staying out of trouble lately. :sly:

Probably one of the top tier SEC units: Alabama, LSU, Auburn, or even Georgia. Outside of the south, Ohio State and USC should play that brand of ball fairly well this year.

Out of all the SEC teams, how'd you manage to squeeze Auburn in there in regard to defensive teams? :sly:

Ole Miss is up there, excluding that performance against TCU. Bringing back a lot of their key pieces.

Auburn is returning eight defensive starters. While they were middle of the road last year, they are still a hit-them-in-the-mouth style defense. Should be significantly better this year.

Michigan State is known for their defense. I wouldn't be surprised if they have preference on your regional telecasts, too. Ignoring Josh's clear SEC bias...Clemson and TCU will have really solid defenses, as well. Clemson finished last season with the #1 defense and should still be stout, while TCU, a traditionally defensive program, brings back almost their entire team that went 12-1.

I don't care what they were ranked in stats, Clemson's defense was slightly above average at best. They were buoyed considerably by playing an almost laughably poor schedule. To make matters worse, they lost most of their starters. I'll be shocked if they field anything more than a mediocre defense this season.

I don't care what they were ranked in stats, Clemson's defense was slightly above average at best. They were buoyed considerably by playing an almost laughably poor schedule. To make matters worse, they lost most of their starters. I'll be shocked if they field anything more than a mediocre defense this season.

So you're disregarding objective measures in the face of subjective analysis? Gothca. :trollface:

And how are you going to prop Auburn's defense on them being a "hit-them-in-the-mouth" style of defense, but not hold the same merit for Clemson? You're also disregarding the potency of many of the offenses Clemson played last season (i.e. UGA, UL, GT, OU, USCe, and even FSU without Jameis). Were their numbers inflated a bit? Possibly, but it's not like they played an entire slate of anemic offenses.

Edited by Zach

Did you watch their games, other than their fistfight with you?

And oh fuck me, I had forgotten they played with without Jameis :reporter:

Edited by Joshjrn

And so we've got Georgia who hung fucking 45 on them, Louisville ranked 69th in total offense, GT at 19, Oklahoma at 23, SC at 33, and they don't even get to pretend to claim FSU. Despite all of his rapey flaws, that kid could play football. The fact that they couldn't beat you with him not in the stadium is pathetic.

So they put up decent, if not great, numbers against three teams with a pulse. And got blown the fuck out by another. Again, I'm not saying that had a bad defense. They had an above average defense. But let's not pretend like anyone was scared of them, and if you're looking for a "defensive team" to follow, they just ain't it.

Edited by Joshjrn