College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

I'm starting to think that there isn't a team in the country this year that is any better than "good". If there's a team that's "great" I certainly haven't seen them play.

How has Les Miles been for LSU the past few years? Would you be sad to see him go? Just curious because he's one of the names being thrown around to replace Hoke after this season.

He's a great guy, a great recruiter, and his players love him. He's also an incompetent game manager and can't develop a QB to save his life. After this year, most LSU fans are ready to see him go.

Edited by Joshjrn
  • 2 weeks later...

This playoff committee is a sham. Every single week, they contradict their rationale for each team's ranking, as well as their justifications from previous weeks. They have no criteria they're using to establish their rankings. These rankings are completely subjective now and the antithesis of its purpose. I've still yet to understand how anyone thought using a panel of politicians and ADs  (from only a few schools) to subjectively rank teams with no accountability is a better option than the BCS. All I hear about are poorly formulated metrics devised by ESPN, but only in a manner that supports the committee's rankings. They completely disregard those "metrics" and factors when it contradicts their rankings.

The "flaws" of the BCS were nothing more than a conversation point by the media that got fueled by fan ignorance. What people really wanted was a playoff, so that there would be no dispute as to who the clear cut champion would be. I don't see why the BCS wasn't kept and used to rank and seed the top-4 (or 8).

Edited by FSU Zach

I agree. I was fine with a committee until I realized who was going to be on the committee. I'd much prefer see the BCS rank four teams than to have this mess.

Don't watch college football much but decided to watch the PAC 12 game after endless baits from my friends saying that the Bears should draft Mariota and get rid of Cutler. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with the Ducks. 

Edited by J Biebs

Alabama, Oregon, FSU are locks. Who deserves the final spot between TCU, Baylor, and OSU? Who will actually end up getting it? Personally I'd have to say that OSU deserves it most

In the end, I think they picked the right 4 teams, but I don't necessarily agree with the seeding. The weekly playoff rankings were an absolute mess, though. If they're going to keep this committee, they either need to withhold the rankings until after the season, or have transparency and accountability in the rankings, by showing who each member voted for.

The Big 12's stubbornness and preference to not lose their way out of the race cost Baylor/TCU from getting in. TCU and Baylor having jokes of an OOC schedule didn't help, either.

Btw, where is the championship game being played?

AT&T Stadium where the Dallas Cowboys play.

Edited by FSU Zach
  • 2 weeks later...

He's a great guy, a great recruiter, and his players love him. He's also an incompetent game manager and can't develop a QB to save his life. After this year, most LSU fans are ready to see him go.

Never mind, you can keep Les. ALL ABOARD THE JIM HARBAUGH HYPE TRAIN

#ITSHAPPENING #HECOMIN

• 2 weeks later...