College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

The man can play football, I'll give him that. Yall just be ready to come to the swamp this year ;)

We beat you by 30 in The Swamp last year. Your boys need to be ready for another whooping when they come to Doak :P

that was last yearrrrrrrrrr, we're always ready for the noles. Look up the win/loss history between us. Bout time yall started winnin haha

That's such a skewed stat. UF's program was long established when FSU founded theirs and began playing each other every year. UF started 16-2-1 against FSU, as they were building their program. FSU is 20-18-1 in the series since (coinciding with with Bobby Bowden's 2nd season).

Our QB is actually Kanye West

Your QB is an idiot. When an LSU fan can call your QB an idiot, you've got problems.

Considering he's 16-0, him being an idiot has no bearing on how the team performs, so after this week, we'll have no problems. It's being insinuated that he's on his last strike, so I can't fathom him being that dumb to get thrown off the team/university over any additional stupid, immature crap.

You're talking to someone that watched Ryan Perrilloux get kicked off the fucking team :laugh:

Perrilloux and Winston are different cases, though. Perrilloux reportedly missed classes and team meetings, in addition to a failed drug test. Winston's problem is that he's just immature and stupid. He's actually a good student and from all accounts, diligent and dedicated to being the best football player he can be. I feel like he tries to impress everyone by being a clown and/or doing stupid shit in public (i.e. the BB gun fight and this most recent incident). He also still has the #1 overall pick available to him if he stops acting like an idiot this year, which is why I'm relatively confident he'll put an end to his public nonsense.

And I almost watched Perriloux beat FSU in person when he was at Jacksonville St. We were so bad that year. :sly:

If FSU were to lose, I would be curious to see what the committee does with it. They made a point of saying that they would take into consideration a loss when a major player was injured. I wonder if they apply the same perspective to a suspension. In my opinion, they shouldn't, but we'll see.

Or FSU can just take care of business and it becomes a non-issue.

In my honest opinion, I think FSU would have gotten a bid. 12-1 would mean FSU beat Notre Dame, Miami, Louisville, UF, and the Coastal champion (lol) with that lone loss coming without your Heisman-winning QB against a good team. Only way they wouldn't have would be if there was some combination of undefeated teams and 1-loss teams with much better SoS.

Kid's a moron, straight up.

'Nuff said. 

Regardless, it's still going to be a ridiculously tough game to win against all the other weapons FSU has. 

Even when you guys beat us, you still find a way to lose. I feel like Clemson is the only top program who can have the ball at the 1-inch line on 2nd down and not come up with a single point, get a gift-wrapped INT to setup the winning FG with time winding down to just turn it back over, and to get stopped on 4th and 1 in OT by running it outside from the shotgun when you were running it well between the tackles all game.

Edited by FSU Zach

Perilloux started out with stupid, immature bullshit. He started "acting out" by missing classes and meetings after having punishments meted out. Hopefully Winston is smarter than that.

Yeah, but like I said, he seems like he's committed to being a good student and football player. Him skipping class and team events are the last thing I worry about with him. His biggest problem is tact and awareness of his situation, which I believe having to watch a rivalry game from the sideline was a much needed wake up call.

Man, I'm really not trying to defend Jameis for his stupidity, but ESPN has absolutely no journalistic integrity. They run with every piece of information they can gather from every corner of the earth when it goes against Jameis, but when something comes up that would inherently defend him, ESPN omits that information and only includes something that could be perceived as anti-Jameis.

Every news outlet is running the full report of the letter Winston's attorney previously sent to FSU for the Title IX investigation. Among other things, he claims the accuser attempted to extort Winston for $7 million. It also alleges points that the accuser lied about or misled investigators and her attorneys about the case, including some things that the student body here was familiar with (her Twitter handle #CleatChasers, which was deleted after her attorneys leaked the accusation to TMZ). What does ESPN report? A headline and a one paragraph article stating how Winston's attorney states that "Winston will cooperate with Title IX investigators." After hours of widespread backlash, ESPN quietly adds in the extortion bit.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/read_the_entire_jameis_winston.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Edited by FSU Zach

lol yeah, I remember that. One of my favorites was when all of the conference realignment was occurring. They cited "anonymous sources" that FSU and Clemson were joining the SEC with the announcement coming in the subsequent days.

I stopped watching ESPN after they wouldn't drop that Michael Sam shit. NFL Network for me and the local news if I want to get info on local sports (other than football). 

ESPN has been awful for a while. There just isn't enough news regarding sports that Americans care about to justify 24/7 coverage and to allow for journalistic integrity but hey, people watch ESPN and it makes a ton of money... even if all they're doing is covering Jameis, Michael Sam, Sterling, Tebow, Tiger Woods, etc.

I like how FSU goes on the road to beat a 4-0 team and gets jumped in the Coaches Poll by a team on a bye. Meanwhile, FSU's critics bash their performances when they beat Oklahoma St. (currently #21 in AP) at a neutral site, Clemson (then #22) without their Heisman-winning QB, and a 4-0 division rival on the road. Bama and OU, who have not played a team who was or is ranked, get praised for beating FBS opponents by just as small margins. Makes sense.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings.html

Also, I'd like to ask how and why the Sagarin system is still used by anyone?

Edited by FSU Zach
  • 2 weeks later...

This is making the rounds, and I found it interesting, so I figured I'd post it here. Every team that has ever been ranked #1 in the AP poll, and the last year they were there:

B0Bq50yIYAAdRS0.png

Notre Dame fans were so disrespectful and talked so much mean-spirited trash. Wish I was sitting in their section just to see their faces transition from when they thought they won to when they knew they lost.

Had a good laugh listening to ESPN radio on the way home, as all of the ND fans called in to cry about how they get screwed and the NCAA rigged the game because they don't want ND in the playoff. Yeah, the NCAA doesn't want the team with the largest fanbase in the playoff. That makes a lot of sense. They went from complaining there was no OPI to crying that there was defensive holding, when their own coach is adamantly saying it was a clean play with no flags either way. Now that that's been invalidated, they're complaining because no flag was thrown when one of FSU's DBs took his helmet off after the play. With the fit they're throwing, you'd think someone taking their helmet off after the whistle is the equivalent of having 20 defensive players on the field.

Edited by FSU Zach

Holy crap! I haven't slithered out of my cave in a looong while.. This year has been flipping crazy so far, and it's only halfway over.

Edited by N1ghtm4r 3