College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

I watched the game on my phone, so I actually had no idea that a few idiots ran onto the field until I just looked it up. I'm not sure if I'd call that rushing, but it's embarassing, regardless. Young, drunken kids with no sense of perspective. At which point we consider beating Ole Miss at home field rushing worthy, something has gone horribly wrong.

ETA: I can only find one video. If it was indeed a full scale field rushing, it's even more embarassing.

Edited by Joshjrn
I watched the game on my phone, so I actually had no idea that a few idiots ran onto the field until I just looked it up. I'm not sure if I'd call that rushing, but it's embarassing, regardless. Young, drunken kids with no sense of perspective. At which point we consider beating Ole Miss at home field rushing worthy, something has gone horribly wrong.

ETA: I can only find one video. If it was indeed a full scale field rushing, it's even more embarassing.

Tigers...Death Valley...coaches who say the darndest things...field rushing...

What's next? Are you guys going to put a silly rock in your stadium? :trollface:

Between that missed FG, the goal line fumble, and some of the easiest interceptions LSU defenders dropped, I was more surprised that Ole Miss led almost the whole way than if LSU had won 20-0.

Between that missed FG, the goal line fumble, and some of the easiest interceptions LSU defenders dropped, I was more surprised that Ole Miss led almost the whole way than if LSU had won 20-0.

Throughout most of the game, I kept saying "we don't deserve to win this game". We played well enough in the 4th quarter to change my mind about that, but still, we dominated that game but did all we could to give it away.

Tigers...Death Valley...coaches who say the darndest things...field rushing...

What's next? Are you guys going to put a silly rock in your stadium? :trollface:

Oh yeah, well your stadium is a giant Erector Set :hmph:

This Ole Miss vs. Auburn game put me in a shit mood. As much as I love watching Ole Miss lose, Auburn didn't deserve this one :wilson:

Yes, it absolutely sucks that Treadwell got injured in the end zone, because I KNOW that broken ankle/foot is going to be a career end injury for him, but he fumbled the football outside of the plain at the 1 foot line, as well as the tackle was clean and 100% legal. The recovery following the fumble was also clean. Granted, yes I am biased, since I bleed Orange and Blue ^-^, but I know we earned this win. That was a well fought one all the way to the end. By the way Josh, your tigers HAD better stomp Alabama.

Edited by N1ghtm4r 3
This Ole Miss vs. Auburn game put me in a shit mood. As much as I love watching Ole Miss lose, Auburn didn't deserve this one :wilson:

Yes, it absolutely sucks that Treadwell got injured in the end zone, because I KNOW that broken ankle/foot is going to be a career end injury for him, but he fumbled the football outside of the plain at the 1 foot line, as well as the tackle was clean and 100% legal. The recovery following the fumble was also clean. Granted, yes I am biased, since I bleed Orange and Blue ^-^, but I know we earned this win. That was a well fought one all the way to the end. By the way Josh, your tigers HAD better stomp Alabama.

Don't think there was any doubt about it being the right call. Just sucks that Treadwell got hurt and that his fumble was most likely due to him fracturing his leg. I was pulling for Auburn to win that game, but I was disappointed in how it ended for that reason.

When Ole Miss was #3, I told people that I anticipated Bo Wallace's decision making to cost them a game or two down the line. That ill-advised INT against LSU was likely one. Trying to stretch the ball out on the 5-yard line against Auburn may have been the second.

Edited by FSU Zach

Just to be clear, it absolutely was the right call. I don't think Auburn deserved the win because the fumble was so clearly caused by the pain of the injury.

As an aside, people keep talking about the interception at the end of the LSU game as though they were knocking on the door and Bo fucked it up. The interception came on a last play throw from the 30 yard line. Was it a good decision? No. But I think it's important not to lose sight of the fact that it would have taken a minor miracle for them to come back at that point in the first place.

Yeah, now that I've taken the time to reflect over how the last 3 minutes of the game was played, it was horrible. To be fair, we shouldn't have won that game at all. Ole Miss should've been given that touchdown, and we should have tried harder for that last minute and a half or so to get another touchdown, or even get a field goal. I try my hardest to view all angles when it comes to pulling out a win, and that was completely unfair. In addition to that injury, we had 12 men on the field during that play. I don't understand what the flip is going through Ellis Johnson's mind, but it has to stop. The last two games we've played should've been losses.

Just to be clear, it absolutely was the right call. I don't think Auburn deserved the win because the fumble was so clearly caused by the pain of the injury.

As an aside, people keep talking about the interception at the end of the LSU game as though they were knocking on the door and Bo fucked it up. The interception came on a last play throw from the 30 yard line. Was it a good decision? No. But I think it's important not to lose sight of the fact that it would have taken a minor miracle for them to come back at that point in the first place.

It was a bone-headed throw because he was right at the sideline with time on the clock and could have either stepped out or thrown it away to give them one more play. He had almost no shot at completing that pass with a very high risk of turning it over. It would have been improbable for them to score on that subsequent play, but you never know if there's a breakdown in coverage, a defender slips, etc.

Edited by FSU Zach

Yup, we definitely did! Oh well, there's always next year :D, and LSU's holding the #5 Tide.. Rooting for LSU right now to win xD!

Yup, we definitely did! Oh well, there's always next year :D, and LSU's holding the #5 Tide.. Rooting for LSU right now to win xD!

We should have won in spite of the fact that we aren't very good. Same shit, different day.

We should have won in spite of the fact that we aren't very good. Same shit, different day.

Y'all took them to OT. That says something about LSU with a fresh team. You're potent this late in the season, and will be a force to be reckoned with by early to mid season next year. That's what I love about LSU, they're always a challenge and FUN to watch play :D!