Runescape is experiencing Log-in Issues

thegreatwha

27 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

so if i have bad rng i could have completley unfixable issues with my account forever? fucking astounding

IDK my assumption is they might try to make that not a thing after this shitshow but who knows for sure.

41 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

so if i have bad rng i could have completley unfixable issues with my account forever? fucking astounding

Somewhere, some J Mod is sipping his drink and whispering to himself, "This is for YOLO TH."

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

SWrJfDU.png

So you're tellin me that my alt account that is currently fucked was on the same server as kris's despite mine being made in June 2020 and his being made like 5 years beforehand? I really wonder how that stuff goes on lol

5 minutes ago, Pizzas said:

So you're tellin me that my alt account that is currently fucked was on the same server as kris's despite mine being made in June 2020 and his being made like 5 years beforehand? I really wonder how that stuff goes on lol

I made my account in like 2006 or 2007, and mine is locked too... lol.

Any algorithm would probably evenly spread accounts to servers over time, so it makes sense,

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/server-login-issues---saturday-march-6th-update

Server Login Issues - Saturday, March 6th Update

Hello everyone,

As we discussed in yesterday's newspost, work to resolve the ‘Log-In Error’ situation has been continuing throughout today as our team works to find a solution to get everyone playing.

If you are unable to login, please only submit one report at https://jgx.game/UnableToLogin. Submitting multiple tickets will result in longer wait times. Thanks for your help in advance!

We're reading your messages and know some of you are concerned about accounts being lost. To be extra clear: this is a temporary issue - no accounts have been lost or will remain permanently stuck.

The coffee is flowing, and our teams are working throughout the weekend working on solutions, so please hang tight. We truly appreciate your continued patience and understanding. We'll keep you posted with any further news as we have it.

- The RuneScape Team

30 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

We're reading your messages and know some of you are concerned about accounts being lost. To be extra clear: this is a temporary issue - no accounts have been lost or will remain permanently stuck.

Peace of mind?

3 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

Peace of mind?

I already knew that was the case, a blunder that actually nuked account data long term would be inconceivable for a company this day in age.

But so is 1000s of people losing login access for multiple days in a row so.... :shrug:

I'm just annoyed that this is somehow gonna take ages to fix.

17 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Either that or after this you’ll be on a brand new server which works better than the other old decrepit ones. 

Someone get me a gif from Life of Brian for always look on the bride side. 

Unrelated yet not unrelated, the "Too Many Login Attempts" issue. I try to remember to report it to their dedicated "I'm having this issue" link every now and then.  They have updated their response from something along the lines of "we're aware of the problem and working on it" to "suck it up or make a new account." Note that when this problem happens, it lasts anywhere from 30min to 6 hours. Once I had it last an entire day. Usually it's not more than an hour. 

khhpKSC.png

I got multiple updates today from jagex support. Here's one.
I never accused them of making my account permanently stuck, yet they're defending themselves from the accusation :thinking: Makes me trust them less lol

Screenshot_20210306-200211_Email.jpg 

Edited by Pizzas

I literally have less than no faith in jagex.

3 hours ago, Rafi said:

khhpKSC.png

All I see is “hey it’s totally nbd but you’d Should just make a new account and that’s totally cause it’s not permanent nope so just make a new account and forget your old one. Totally not because we can’t fix it”

4 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

:crycry:

kLGuC1q.jpg

Let me drink your tears please, I need experience in Herblore. I assume it works like Juna.

6 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

If it does work you know what that means right?

I guess that's one way to cross-check it. :dunno: