Runescape is experiencing Log-in Issues

thegreatwha

How is this an update, its the same fucking update from the past few days?

17th March | Daily Update

Hello everyone,

We're continuing our preparation work for the Restoration Phase. Tomorrow we will continue to disable log in permissions for additional accounts impacted by the Login Lockout. This will ensure these accounts are protected when we proceed with the restoration work.

We'll send an email and an inbox message to all players in this position over the next few minutes – please also check your Junk folder as we’ve had a few reports of emails winding up there. Please note that not every player impacted by the Login Lockout will have their log in permissions disabled – this is a precautionary measure for a limited number of accounts.

On the development front, we are continuing to prep for the Account Integrity Beta. We’re continuing to home in on the translation of telemetry data into account profile data as we bring more and more accounts into testing. We're seeing better results by the day, but things are still progressing steadily. That said, we do want to reassure you that both our livestream and the meaningful update we’ve been promising will come sometime this week.

Until then, take care of yourselves and we'll be back with more information as soon as we have it.

- The RuneScape Team

Maximum kek. “Guys we swear we are making progress but simultaneously have nothing to share in terms of progress, timeline, or compensation”. You can’t make this shit up

Clearly this has been an utter screw-up and they are trying to dig through trash/old-records to recover accounts. Let's hope they bring some results, however the language they are using is making this less and less convincing.

I wonder how they will “make this right” afterwards. A free month’s membership is no longer commensurate. Perhaps a year’s membership? 

Jaguar AnDy

Yeah looks like a full rebuild from before dxp :/ I assume at this point they are just refunding with data they have from highscores/alog. Would not have high hopes of keeping your perks though since they have not been able to refund those in the lost item reports in the past. 

Beta starts on Tuesday next week, only for those selected...

They basically expect it to run the entire week, and looking at results would determine next steps.

Welp. I fully expect 2-3 weeks more of lockout at this time.

And they are doing updates again starting on the 22nd.

GG me and 1000s of others on enjoying the new shit when it's new.

nothing instills confidence like "they will look at their items and im sure there will be a lot of additional feedback at that time"

Shit is so fucked to release updates with people still locked out, they said they'd hold off until people were back ingame too.

I know this is jagex we're talking about but holy shit.

Conspiracy time, they purposely said they were going to release the update with no intention of actually doing so in order to set up a scenario to make it look like they listen to the community to buy themselves some reprieve from “real” outrage over the whole situation.

80% joking but 20% of me is like mmmmm idk