What is the origin of your rsn?

Beric

I got my RSN off a Magic: The Gathering card. I found MTG and was really drawn in to the thematic vibes of the cards back in 2003 or so and decided to use it as my RSN.

My username in literally every other game is Ponge but I always kept Krosan on runescape. 😃

So I originally wanted to be Dune buggy. I never liked dune buggys or had a weird thing for them. But, for some reason that was what I wanted to go with. However, it was already taken. So, for some reason I got rid of buggy and decided to spam the e button as many times as I could, which turned out to be 9 times. So my name was limited by the character length. I haven't changed it since! now Duneeeeeeeee is used for all my gaming platforms. Except PlayStation, I think that one might be duneeeeeeeee9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was pressing the "Random" button in SWTOR back when it first went f2p, and Echare came up, I found it aesthetically pleasing, and it's been mine ever since. (I lost the original to a server merge in SWTOR and have since appended the surname 'Promakos' when necessary, an epithet of Athena meaning "who fights on the front line," and a spelling that chooses to preserve the ancient Greek pronunciation over being technically spelled correctly [Athena Promachos is the statue you're thinking of]). Athena is also the adopted Greek deity of Aro/Ace people.

Edited by Echare

Crazy backstory here for my RSN name. It all began back in 1996, my parents in the breeding pen of the player owned farm ended up having a child (me). While growing up was a very crazy child, busted my head open on the corner of a table, costed my parents a 500$ security deposit at an apartment by pouring a bottle of mustard on white carpet at like age 3 (why would a rental have WHITE carpet is beyond me), and before I was even 5 years old I really like tearing stuff up like ruining 3 of the lawn mowers by yanking all the sparkplug wires off. I was Pepsi student of the month during 2nd grade and got a pepsi tshirt and a case of pepsi which was gone before I even got off the bus (clearly this was before schools got healthier). 4th grade rolls around and I stumble across Runescape. First real entrance to the world of MMOs, I had to lie about my age as runescape wanted you to be at least 13 to create an account. So there I was 10 years old, pretending to be 13 a teenager, and I have to come up with a username for Runescape!!! I sat there and thought to myself long and hard ( about 15 seconds). I figured it out the most perfect username a 10 year old could come up with, I used my own name plus middle initial. KennethR was born into the world of runescape on August 11th 2007. The really scary thing is when I look back into all the times I got myself muted as a kid, I can't believe the stuff I typed.

• 1 month later...

I was trying to think of a good fantasy sounding name for my Skyrim character as a teenager and just randomly thought of "Telznik." I used it for various RPG's over the years and recently decided to make it my gaming identify everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

My RS name is as random as you get, I use it for many of my gaming names too. 

Basically Vaughn is because when I was a teenager, my friends use to think I looked like a frog and I'd appear out of nowhere, so I got called Frog spawn, then the word frog got dropped and it was just Spawn, then for some random reason and because spawn sounds like Vaughn, they started calling me Vaughn and it stuck for ever.. 

The Super comes from the same group of friends who witnessed me get run over when I was drunk, I hit the car, dented the bonnet and the windscreen, slid down the side of the car, hit the floor, got up and said sorry Mr Car and walked away.. they thought I was a Super hero 🤣🤣 

That's where my name Super Vaughn comes from.. 

5 hours ago, Super Vaughn said:

My RS name is as random as you get, I use it for many of my gaming names too. 

Basically Vaughn is because when I was a teenager, my friends use to think I looked like a frog and I'd appear out of nowhere, so I got called Frog spawn, then the word frog got dropped and it was just Spawn, then for some random reason and because spawn sounds like Vaughn, they started calling me Vaughn and it stuck for ever.. 

The Super comes from the same group of friends who witnessed me get run over when I was drunk, I hit the car, dented the bonnet and the windscreen, slid down the side of the car, hit the floor, got up and said sorry Mr Car and walked away.. they thought I was a Super hero 🤣🤣 

That's where my name Super Vaughn comes from.. 

You truly are Super, Vaughn.

• 3 weeks later...

RSN is IamTref and just was called tref throghout my life from sports and school because its my last name 

• 4 weeks later...

I have several tags I've used over the years for different games.  Before getting married my primaries were Laelith and Claerwen.  My real name has AE in it and I've always liked it.  Laelith is just a change to the Lilith of course.  Claerwen is Welsh and sounds pretty.  Depending on what you look up it means pure white, clear light or shining/bright light/white.  I used Claerwen for my healers on most games so it fit :3.  Laelith was my default for just about anything else.

My husband used Zolga. He likes ripping off Yu Gi Oh cards which are his favorite.  When we started looking into joint names he suggested he use Maha Vailo and we use Vailo as a "last name" of sorts.  Most games character limit is an issue so LaelithVailo didn't make sense nor fit well.  I shortened Claerwen to Claer Vailo for a time but then changed it to Claire Vailo as it fits better visually.

My name....i came back from a LONG break and needed a new name. and it was one of the suggested names...

There was a guy in a friends' chat called Liamzors, I yoinked the idea with my own name (Jazz not Jaz) and Jazzors was born. He was not amused but I'm the better version.

I was around 13, and me and my friends were being trolled by some people on a game. This kid tried to call me "arrogant", but spelled it "airogant". So, I changed my name to airogant in jest and it just stuck. "airogants" is when airogant is taken (randomly sometimes it is), and it sounds like "arrogance".