What is the origin of your rsn?

Beric

On 3/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, Douglas said:

if you log in to runeclan you can remove them with the little red X FYI

p7iJ6TC.png

Nah, ruins the fun :P

i feel like the origins of my name is self explanetory in the basics but gets more comples

rs is actually the first place i came out as trans this is username helped me then later helped others by giving ppl a person they knew they could talk to

I was young. I thought the word "metaphor" was cool sounding, I figured it was dramatic and implied mystery. I think I thought something like Avatar-> Identities -> stand-in -> name should mean something -> name should be mysterious -> name for the cool-sounding word that describes when we say something to describe something else. Done!" 

Metaphor was taken. Metafora (Spanish) was taken. I decided to go with the random h to make ti work = methafora. Now a disturbing amount of ppl assume that it is about meth. like. "meth for all". 

giphy.gif

It's just my IRL initials. Actually I used to be called "A J B" with spaces, but I added AJB to my friends list and waited for a few years until they changed it (circa 2013), noted down the day and approximate time it had happened, then checked back 30 days later to claim the name for myself. Not even 5 minutes later I got an angry PM from someone. I'm pretty sure I interrupted an RWT username sale but, whatever, mine now.

32 minutes ago, AJB said:

(...) I'm pretty sure I interrupted an RWT username sale but, whatever, mine now.

Hahahaha nicely done! 

I made up my name some 15 + years ago using a random letter generator mixed with a fantasy name generator. 

Uhhhh "The Proud Family" was on, I was making a new account because "tastyjoe890" was just not me. Some jerk took the O.G Johnny him and I stay in contact because I wanted that name so bad XD. Couldnt really think of what else to use but I wanted Johnny in it. During the episode that was just playing in the background I guess they formed a group LPDZ and I just took the P out. Idk why I did but yep thats all that happened and now thats my main. 

• 1 month later...
dipthroatt

There's not really any story behind mine. I like to troll people and I thought it would be a funny name but after like 5 seconds of having it I already regretted it. I'm probably gonna change it really soon.

So, I've always been bad at names, like, REALLY bad. Back when I first started playing WoW, I struggled to find a name, as usual.

I thought to myself, "what the hell do I name myself?" Then I saw the random button! Hit that sucker about 3 dozen times and boom, Keeinath came out.

It's stuck with me ever since, so if you see a Keeinath in any other game save Runescape, you'll know it's me! 

origin of this current Rsn was literally suggest names list given when i name changed. thought it sounded cool

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been a fan of pokemon for years and years. nothing die hard or anything but ive collected the cards and played the games yada yada. anywho, gengar has been my favorite since day 1 and thats where i got the name from. Ghost Type #94 ?

• 4 weeks later...

I used to run in alot of online circles under the name "a really lonely Pigeon".

Then one day one of my south african friends Joined a discord and saw my name and for one reason or another  could not seem to pronounce pigeon properly, we had a good laugh and he decided i would be known as piegwan from now on. and the rest is history.

• 3 weeks later...

I was all of 13 years old and watching strongbad emails was something me and my friends would do together and something about Trogdor the burninator stuck with me.

Man. ok. so. I started playing runescape when I was in middle school. i wanna say 13 and i was trying to come up with a name and i was obsessed with fire. It was supposed to be Burnwater H2O But that was too long for Runescape so i cut it short to Burnwater H2. sometimes ill use the name on other sites as just Burnwater. My irl bestfriend and i came up with this friendship "clan" called the Tophats so ill often go by Tophat Burn or Tophat Stupify (Because i love the disturbed song "Stupify". 

In the beginning i really hated the name Burnwater H2 but ive had it for so long that i feel like its now apart of who i am so ive learned to embrace it. 

• 3 months later...

I was 10 or 11 and my dad worked at an American Legion ( its kind of like a VFW or bar for veterans). They had a Prisoner Of War Missing In Action sign up. For those that don't know it says Prisoner of war missing in action lost but never forgotten. It is kind of a memorial to all P.O.Ws that we may never find. So i took the abbreviation POW MIA and used it for RS but it was taken so Pow Mia30 it was.

Mine is pretty simple. Reece is my name and my rsn/online names is a word play of recent and also the meme "yesn't" implied to mean that I'm not really Reece although with such a specific name I obviously am :)

was big into halo 3 at the time when i made this account, or was halo 2 at the time, but anyway i just kept with like halo themed named, eventually tried to just get halo in one of my other clans and got mad that it was taken, then someone suggested halu and then i become haluuuuuuuuuuuuuu for a while until i eventually just changed it to halu. few clan related halu names inbetween then but yeah

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 4ank said:

It's literally just my real life name if you say it fast.

I spent a long time thinking it was supposed to be Hank :reporter: