What is the origin of your rsn?

Beric

it all stems from everquest 2 i was a barbarian beserker and as u know there litterly on fire like alot of fire. and there all about smashing and spining and moving. after i saw my frends toon i made my guy named him hellfrenzy and kept that gamer tag ever since on every game i play.

I was like 11 or so and just watch the movie Troy, and its been my gamertag for everything since lol

Made a account on World of Warcraft

Saw "Howler" in some game magazine used to play a Orc Warrior who wielded axe's

Axe's + Howler

Axhowler😬

In 2016 I played Bayonetta 2 and I was really addicted to the game o: It's a game about a witch named Bayometta who fights against the "evil" angels by summoning demons from the underworld. Each summon she shouts a spell where the demon becomes alive owo However there is one demon named Hydra and she shouts "Canilu". On the Wiki it says that this means "Blood". And it has a nice sound owo So I took it! And then the x before the name was a thought about how similar it sounds to Excalibur if I would spell the x like a ex.. so xCanilu o/

This may or may not be true 

I woke up one day and decided that I liked these nuts :reporter:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoy coming up with different names whenever I make new characters. I try to make them fun to say out loud, even if pronounced in different ways than how I intend. Usually, I have a different name for every game/character. Some I use for a few different games. This is one I've only used a couple of times, and only within the last year.

Edited by Joombaku

Mine was lack of creativity to come up with a name that stick with me, my ID is a diminutive of my ral name and from where the 21 comes from, i have no Idea i was 9yo when i created this ID that i use everywhere

Completely random. Sitting there when I first opened the account in 2007-ish. I wanted something that seemed to fit into a fantasy world.

I don't watch TV, i watch youtube....after going on a kick of watching OSRS videos for about a week as I played Guild Wars 2, I was like

'maybe i will give runescape a try? That's it, joined the guild 3 days after starting and here I am 

So, I started dating @ZDark Dragon in 2020 and he showed me the game, I started playing it in my account Padmak Tars, her name was inspired in a TTRPG character I had created at the time. After making sure I liked the game he asked my if wanted to play with his late father's account. They started to play the game together when he was a kid, but his dad died in 2010 and he sometimes would login in the account to celebrate his memory. He said it would be an honnor for me to play with that account which was called Hopeknight. Back then we were both sure this relationship was for life and after talking about it and making sure we were both comfortable I inherited Hopeknight. Have playing with it ever since. 

Edited by Hopeknight

I actually really like this question. I have had Cazorith ever since my Perfect world days. While my friends all enjoyed their Subs to WoW, My first dive into MMO's was Perfect World International, I rolled a tideborn rouge and had to pick a name. I had, up to that point, named all my characters my IRL name but backwards. This worked for awhile but I really wanted my first MMO character to have a cool name and start his Story as told through the game. Well I couldnt think of a darn thing. I sat debating names, writing them down and scratching them out. While doing this I happend to be watching Teen Titans and Raven began reciting her signature spell "Azarath Metrion Zinthos". Thats when it hit me, I would use a part of the spell from one of my favorite characters for my characters name. I settled on the first word, Metrion and Zinthos were cool but I liked the idea of being named after The Realm "Azarath".....Well it was taken. Go figure, of course someone else woulld have the same line of thought. I started playing around with the word, Azarath>Bazarath> Cazorath...woah, wait that sounded nice, Cazarath, tried it...yup you guessed it" The name you are trying to use has already been taken by another player". ok well lets keep playing with it. Eventually I thought to myself ok lets play with the last part of the word and a few different iterations later landed on Cazorith. Cazorith Maltide the Tideborn Rouge started his journey. I fell in love with the name and character and didnt want their story to end in Perfect world. Ive recreated the character in every game ive played since then and at some point Caz just became my online persona/name. 

Well.. My OG name was Top Killer5.. That was because i was a top killer back when i was like 8 years old clearly!

I am sure we all had the cheesy non profesional email addresses too :D

But now Mr Guee is based off my surname (Gue) - Mr Gue was taken by myself on a very old account which got hacked and banned so it was lost forever!

Most other games i am known as GUE or Mr Guee :)

my original RSN was Mcscratch54, was getting into the whole DJing scene (didnt go anywhere LOL) and 54 was from my favorite player for the Chicago Bears good times with that name,  Now i just go by Fro(seph) cause i have a crazy afro when my air is all grown out which is a hassle btw xD

I recently had changed my RSN to dahonnie (which is a nickname from my alias-- Dahon, which in tagalog means Leaf 😂🍃) but my alias before my current one was clickyclaw, an ooblet from the game Ooblets :happydance:

I think I'll be sticking with Dahonnie since its cute and simple 😁✨

Edited by dahonnie
69baldymine

I took a random name from the OSRS name selector and found '69gorgonbit' funny from how stupid it sounded. When I created my RS3 account, I randomized until I found a stupid name and added 69 in front of it.