What is the origin of your rsn?

Beric

well when i started rs back in 2003 my brother told me about it so i picked a random name with *is*followed by a bunch of random generated numbers, when the name change system came out it went between issy89, Its issy and when i had my son 7 years ago i changed it to Daddy Issy which is now my perm name since. nothing to fancy to see here XD

I have always liked finding different ways to spell names so I did just that with my rs name! My name is Ryan Chris so I changed it to ryen cris :)

• 4 weeks later...

Old name half_life719 was just a werid combo i came up with.  sammy00193 however is named after my first dog whom i lost about 14 years ago give or take a few years.  It always stuck so most of my usernames follow the same system.  This game is sammyx00193 cause the version without the x was taken

Sledge is my last name IRL.

I've always enjoyed role-playing and I like the image/persona of a Friar within fiction/fantasy realms.  I think of like Friar Tuck from Robin Hood. Friars, as I'm thinking of them, are simple, straightforward, happy folk who seek to promote the success of the team or to help others.

• 2 weeks later...

the usual name i'd go by is hermos or hermos1, but they were both taken

at the time i didnt think i would like the game so i decided to choose a more funny name, the first choice was potato

but unfortunately, it was taken

and in my infinite wisdom, instead of adding a 1 or a 2 or any other numeric variable to the name, i instead added a to

and so the name was to be potatoto

but even that was taken

knowing that i was approaching my intellectual limits, i looked for inspiration in sun tzu's "the art of war"
"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles"
and so i drank 100mg of caffeine and tried to put myself in the shoes of someone who would choose a name similar to this one, such that the next name i choose would be untouched

and just when i was at my lowest
EURIKA!
the infathomable secrets of the universe seemed so plain to me, cosmic truths and ineffable quantum calculations were akin to basic math for me for but a few moments

and in those few moments, the result was clear

those that would choose a name similar would choose potatoto1, or potatotot or patatoto

but i added yet another to

and so it came to be

potatototo

unfortunately, i actually liked the game and became stuck with a troll name ever since, never able to rename because if i do everyone i know in runescape would be confused, even though i myself am used to the name hermos because i use it everywhere

moral of the story:

fuck.

Oh, this is fun. I chose Elitha from a random name chooser I found on the Internet!

But this character was originally named doomsayer97. Until just this year, even after Jagex made people log in by email, I still logged in using that username. I'd been using that name since I first made my account 20 years ago. I've finally made the transition to moving to login via email, which marks the end of era. One of the oldest things I've ever kept around is this username. Sad to see it go, happy to see the future.

• 3 weeks later...

one day i got tired of having a name with numbers in it and tried Super Brew since i used a lot of them for pvm and somehow it wasnt taken

My user name is to honour a friend that I grew up with we went through all stages of school together and college we called him Sparky and he owned it used it as his username on every platform. Sadly he died two years ago, hence the name RIP Sparky still miss him everyday.