College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

Fox Sports has LSU ranked #2 in their preseason poll.

But they have FSU ranked at #1 :trollface:

http://msn.foxsports...&photo=29917759

The Tigers would be ranked No. 1 if not for two things: They play in the SEC West, aka the Black and Blue Division and their non-conference slate includes Oregon (at Cowboys Stadium) and at West Virginia. LSU has a championship schedule, but can it get though that and the SEC Championship Game? Yep. Last game:Beat Texas A&M 41-24 in Cotton Bowl.

This is why I hate preseason rankings. Instead of ranking teams based on how good they think they are, they rank them based on how they think the season will end up, thus creating a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean honestly, knocking someone down in the rankings because they have a difficult schedule? Baffles me.

lol I found it funny how they spoke about FSU's schedule without even mentioning Oklahoma

The Seminoles have just enough meat on their schedule to be national contenders. While they do play Miami, Clemson and Florida, they also get Duke and Virginia. They'll have to solidify their quarterback play, but if the offense stalls midfield, Dustin Hopkins (pictured) can bail them out — he can kick 60-yard field goals with room to spare. That's a huge weapon to have. Last game: Beat South Carolina 26-17 in Chick-fil-A Bowl.

I want to watch this but the only channel it's on is ESPN America, which I don't get. I have the full Sky Sports package yet ESPN and ESPN America evade me. Do any of you guys watch online, and if so - Got a link to share?

I want to watch this but the only channel it's on is ESPN America, which I don't get. I have the full Sky Sports package yet ESPN and ESPN America evade me. Do any of you guys watch online, and if so - Got a link to share?

What, precisely, are you trying to watch?

Just that channel in general. It seems to be the one that will have college football on.

Actually, on Saturdays, there are normally about 4-5 channels running college football. This is an ESPN link as I assume that you can't catch ESPN3 (though give it a go).

http://www.stream2watch.com/index.php?option=com_videolist&view=video&Itemid=58&videoid=13284

Don't know if it works out of the country, but ESPN streams a lot of events online.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

Unless something has changed, you have to have particular cable service providers.

Yeah I don't pay the extra £5 a month for ESPN & ESPN America so don't have access to it. It's the same deal as Sky Player - You can use it online for free if you have a subscription.

Thanks Josh. I'll give it a go shortly. The only problem is that the ESPN we get isn't the same as your "ESPN". Your coverage is on a different channel, "ESPN America".

Don't know if it works out of the country, but ESPN streams a lot of events online.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

Unless something has changed, you have to have particular cable service providers.

Yeah I don't pay the extra £5 a month for ESPN & ESPN America so don't have access to it. It's the same deal as Sky Player - You can use it online for free if you have a subscription.

Thanks Josh. I'll give it a go shortly. The only problem is that the ESPN we get isn't the same as your "ESPN". Your coverage is on a different channel, "ESPN America".

If you actually want to catch some games once the season comes along, just remind me. You can normally find a very decent resolution stream of individual games on Justin.TV and the like. Quite a few games come on broadcast channels (CBS, etc) early in the day (between noon and 2ish) so they'd be over at a reasonable hour for you.

UNC finally is about to get fucked for their actions, though i have no idea how they didn't get LOIC. oh well, screw them.

UNC is going to get stung pretty badly, but it won't be the end of the world. They are lucky that they weren't hit with "failure to monitor" as opposed to "lack of institutional control", as you mentioned.

My guess is 15 scholarships over 3 years and a few years of probation. No postseason bans.