Random League of Legends Discussion

G Blance

You pretty much have to watch streams and LCS to be good. Gotta be keeping up with the meta.
Meta does not matter, at all. What matters is understanding the game and how to think. Good streamers will tell you why they do things in game - Nightblue3, Scarra, ZionSpartan, TheOddOne, etc. Between picking up knowledge from streams and experience in game, you'll eventually understand the thinking behind playing and you'll be able to make your own decisions. Where to stand in lane, where to ward, what your "win condition" in lane is, what your "win condition" of the entire game is, when to take objectives, when to roam, when to push to enemy tower, when to base, how to itemize specific to the game, which runes and masteries to use specific to the game, understanding that minions hurt.

Stick to a role, preferably only one or two champions. Have a champion or two you can play for other roles, but try to stick with one role. You can focus on understanding the game instead of just understanding new champions. But you should play every champion at least once in a bot game or ARAM or custom game or something to know what they do. If you don't understand all of the champions that you have available, you can just spam ARAM.

Last hitting under tower: Melee (the front 3 minions) take 2 tower shots and then 1 auto attack to last hit, until about 10 minutes if you're playing a champion that doesn't build AD, at which point you can just use skills to last hit. Caster minions (the back 3) take 1 turret shot and then require 2 auto attacks, but you don't have enough attack speed to auto attack twice unless you hit it before the tower attacks it - that requires a bit of experience to get a feeling for. Once you have a pickaxe, bilgewater cutlass, or BF sword as an AD champion, it only takes 1 attack on the casters under tower. That's something a ton of people mess up that can be explained that simply.

Skill shots, last hitting, knowing how much damage you can do, those are all things that come from experience.

JohnieSenpai

I just played APC Sona vs Sion lol

I won lane so hard(3/0 in lane)...but my bot lane...dat fed lucian man :'c

my Kassadin got mad...so you can imagine I got focused and died so fast lol

As someone who actively plays Sona Support, Mid, and ADC (lol), she has a hard time directly being a damage threat come later in the game. Her laning is pretty amazing, when you learn the distance of Hymn and when you can kill your enemy laner (enough mana, all spells, +2-3 passive stacks), it's very easy to get ahead. And yea, she's very squishy and dies instantly, which is why you need to learn her distance, speed, and how much damage you can trade and still be able to heal back up.

Also don't forget that she has more than 1 Powerchord. People often forget that Sona has a slow and an ok damage reduction. I personally find myself using the E Powerchord more often than the Q after playing a lot of Sona games. That's the big deficit between "OMG THIS CHAMP SO EZ SPAM SPAM SPAM" and Sona's who know the champion inside ( :otvnaughty:) and out and can play situations accordingly.

i love sona
Edited by Tattles
JohnieSenpai

I don't usually play her at all, I just wanted to mess around

because once I 1v1d my friend and did 900 auto attack damage, so she became my troll champ

Oh I knew one was a slow I did forget there was a damage reduction haha

I used the slow a few times because I predicted sion stuns

and yea range I "was" fine but lucian dashed closer so yep

Sona's really fun plus those boobs <3

there's no Alistar to say no ^_^

Sona's really fun plus those boobs <3

back off m8, sona's been my waifu for over a year n u can't just come in her and be disrespecting her. 

i will forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again. i will break you.

i'm not kidding

As someone who actively plays Sona Support, Mid, and ADC (lol), she has a hard time directly being a damage threat come later in the game. Her laning is pretty amazing, when you learn the distance of Hymn and when you can kill your enemy laner (enough mana, all spells, +2-3 passive stacks), it's very easy to get ahead. And yea, she's very squishy and dies instantly, which is why you need to learn her distance, speed, and how much damage you can trade and still be able to heal back up.

Also don't forget that she has more than 1 Powerchord. People often forget that Sona has a slow and an ok damage reduction. I personally find myself using the E Powerchord more often than the Q after playing a lot of Sona games. That's the big deficit between "OMG THIS CHAMP SO EZ SPAM SPAM SPAM" and Sona's who know the champion inside ( :otvnaughty:) and out and can play situations accordingly.

i love sona

Never use W powerchord, please never ever. Also I go Iceborn Gauntlet on her since I want to be tanky and the Sheen is really good, at which point E powerchord doesn't do anything useful.

i love sona

Never use W powerchord, please never ever. Also I go Iceborn Gauntlet on her since I want to be tanky and the Sheen is really good, at which point E powerchord doesn't do anything useful.

Yea, W powerchord is pretty useless, which is something that's hopefully addressed in the imposed Sona rework. My idea for it was to simply make W and E powerchord into one powerchord, which opens up an opportunity for an entirely new powerchord.

I never really build Gauntlet honestly, I like having my Q and Ult do a lot more upfront damage on initiations. I don't find the Gauntlet useful because I just got used to using the E powerchord to accomplish the same thing, without a pricetag. So I can be better at dealing damage with something like a Deathcap or Grail (idk about new one haven't used it). I'd rather build into Frozen Heart or Aegis instead of Gauntlet if I were to build defensively. Which I don't have to do every single game; I have a good understanding of how squishy Sona really is and can avoid focus and safely deal damage and stay in range of allies. I of course will build tankier if I need to, but I'd rather directly benefit my team with Actives/Auras.

Edited by Tattles
JohnieSenpai

I get lich bane lol

I would probably have gotten some sort of mr item because at some point I would probbably get zhonyas if i wanted armor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...