Elder Scrolls V

Scott

My only beef with the way I look is that Bethesda seemed to intentionally make Dunmer significantly uglier than in Oblivion :sly:

Only so much I could do to fix it in the character creation menu :hmph:

Steam Mid-week Sale

TES Collection (Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim) - 50% off

TESV Skyrim - 33% off

For those of you that don't already have it or, like me, want it for PC too.

-----------------------------

In addition to the above: On steam there's a new high resolution textures pack that's available for download and free so there's no real reason to not get it. That new Skyrim mod-base is out soon if not already, that should be interesting to see what people can do to make the game better. I'm sure there's already one out there but I'm personally hoping for a sorting system for containers. So that I don't have to search through multiple amulets and armour sets in order to withdraw ebony ingots.

High-res texture packs have been out forever. Now that the mod kit has been released with 1.4, you should start seeing more elaborate mods cropping up.

Okay the Steam Workshop mod area is amazingly efficient. You click "subscribe" on a mod you like and next time you boot up the launcher or the game.exe it installs it. I downloaded a fletching mod so you can make arrows with metal bars + firewood + (maybe feathers/quills... I haven't looked too deep) + the perks to use the higher metals.

The workshop seems to run fine with other mods so if some are in one place and not the other it's no biggy. I downloaded that 2k mod you're on about Josh but haven't played the game since getting it. I also downloaded a UI menu/inventory changer. It's so much better than the original. It's Oblivion-esque.

Edited by Dan

I'm using A Quality World Map, High Quality 3D Map + All Roads, Skyrim HD - 2k Textures, SkyUI, TESV Acceleration Which I hugely recommend and Skill Interface Retexture. The last is mainly just to see what it looked like but I really like it.

The 2k textures are okay in certain areas but the guy hasn't gotten around to most textures in various cities.

For full disclosure, I'm a poor law student gaming on his laptop, so I haven't installed any HD mods as my laptop simply can't handle it. All I can convey is what I've read.

I was playing on 1.4 and it didn't feel right, then I installed that Acceleration thing and it improved it by a noticeable amount. SkyBoost does exactly the same job as the accelerator though so I guess if you have one you don't need the other.

Josh, post pictures of your character.

Tonight. I doubt I'll have time at any point today. Anything in particular you're looking for? :P

Pics of your Breezehome, por favor. I want to see how fab it is!

:wub:

Josh, post pictures of your character.

Tonight. I doubt I'll have time at any point today. Anything in particular you're looking for? :P

Pics of your Breezehome, por favor. I want to see how fab it is!

:wub:

:sly: