Elder Scrolls V

Scott

Heavy armor all the way. I'm maging and I use that. At like level 80(?) heavy armor, you can get a perk that doesn't slow you down and makes the armor basically weigh nothing.

Went from 23 to 100 smithing in a little over an hour by making iron daggers and hide bracers. :|

Do you guys value heavy or light armour more? Full dragon is 148 armour and weighs 79, while dragon scale has 126 armour and only weighs 26. Can't figure out which one I should use.

daedric is better.

I imagine that, even with zero magika casting, you would still need to have enough base magika to cast a given spell, correct? Or do the enchantments wipe out those magika requirements?

Went from 23 to 100 smithing in a little over an hour by making iron daggers and hide bracers. :|

Do you guys value heavy or light armour more? Full dragon is 148 armour and weighs 79, while dragon scale has 126 armour and only weighs 26. Can't figure out which one I should use.

daedric is better.

Yeah, but dragon is a lot easier to make because of how available the materials are. :l

I don't get the how the damage system is weighted in this game. It seems like every weapon has about the same damage value. For example, an iron sword has 8 damage, while an Orcish only has 10.

Heavy armor all the way. I'm maging and I use that. At like level 80(?) heavy armor, you can get a perk that doesn't slow you down and makes the armor basically weigh nothing.

I never even saw that perk the first time I looked through it. Definitely makes heavy worth it. By the way, it's at 70.

Edited by Knightmare25

I'm currently level 12 (maybe 13?) with 50 destruction and I'm rather enjoying one-shotting "base" rank NPCs. Currently not missing having a shield in hand as Impact and Fus Ro Dah can usually keep everything off my nuts.

I'm a wood elf, recently got to level 30. I'm ~level 87 archery and level 100 sneak and I sneak around 1-shotting stuff... does that make me a noob? :D

I'm a wood elf, recently got to level 30. I'm ~level 87 archery and level 100 sneak and I sneak around 1-shotting stuff... does that make me a noob? :D

No, but it sounds rather boring to me. But, to each his own.

A dragon that circles above you but never lands is pretty damn annoying, but not as annoying as random guys attacking you when you're fighting a dragon. -__-

Edited by Knightmare25

I imagine that, even with zero magika casting, you would still need to have enough base magika to cast a given spell, correct? Or do the enchantments wipe out those magika requirements?

Due to the upper limit of pieces of equipment you can wear, along with the fact that some enchantments can only go on certain pieces of equipment, you will find that you will only be able to to have zero magicka casting for 1-2 specific schools of magic at a time(destruction, restoration, etc).

So it would behoove you to have a decent mana pool for casting restoration/alteration/illusion/conjuration spells as you'll be needing magicka for them even if you don't for your destruction spells.

Edited by Muse

I thought that dual enchanting let you have two schools for free?

You can put your 25% reduction for two spell trees on your items yeh. I have free Destruction and Restoration going on my Dragon Scale armor with jewelry.

I'm having to change my play style now cause I'm 100 Archery, Sneak, Lockpick, Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy and Light Armor. Had to start using magic and weapons to level up more. Bleh

Edited by The Kevin Green

Out of curiosity, at which level did you guys really press your enchanting training? It seems prohibitively expensive to train at the moment (lvl 12-13) so I've just been stockpiling iron daggers.

Out of curiosity, at which level did you guys really press your enchanting training? It seems prohibitively expensive to train at the moment (lvl 12-13) so I've just been stockpiling iron daggers.

~15 but I could have done it much earlier.

Besides, it makes money. Make iron dagger, enchant, sell. Profit