Elder Scrolls V

Scott

Is the general consensus still to max out practically the entire enchanting perk tree? Zero magika spellcasting sounds sexy.

That would be absolutely broken, but yea.

From what I've read, Wards are actually exceptionally effective against dragons because dragon fire is considered by the game to be a ton of small attacks as opposed to a single large attack.

I'm a Dark Elf, so I get 50% fire resistance. (H)

Haha, I still haven't played it since before finals in the first week of December. I last remember reaching lvl58 and finishing the winterhold college quests. New term started today so it will be awhile before I pick it up again.

I played a Dunmer in Oblivion, so I figured fuck it, why not play one in Skyrim.

That's exactly how I chose my guy, except I played Morrowind and not Oblivion. I liked being discriminated against by everyone I spoke to.

Edited by Knightmare25

Is the general consensus still to max out practically the entire enchanting perk tree? Zero magika spellcasting sounds sexy.

You don't need them ALL, but you definitely want master perk double enchant. I don't even wear armor, just ragged clothes on master difficulty. They're double enchanted to make my shit cost 0 magicka and boost the fuck out of things.

At some point in the game, is a dragon supposed to attack you at the fast transport location of the College of Winterhold, or is it random or a glitch? The way its skeleton is flashing, it seems like a glitch.

At some point in the game, is a dragon supposed to attack you at the fast transport location of the College of Winterhold, or is it random or a glitch? The way its skeleton is flashing, it seems like a glitch.

I walked out of the main hall to the outside and had a dragon battle there. That one was awesome.

You don't need them ALL, but you definitely want master perk double enchant. I don't even wear armor, just ragged clothes on master difficulty. They're double enchanted to make my shit cost 0 magicka and boost the fuck out of things.

How did you power level enchanting?

Anyone ever put the Black Star to use? How effective is it compared to other soul gems?

I walked out of the main hall to the outside and had a dragon battle there. That one was awesome.

Yeah, I had like 4 or 5 mages helping me, so it lasted all of 10 seconds lol

Edited by Knightmare25

If it's the same item it was in Oblivion, it's very useful. It does exactly what it says it does. It's a reusable soul gem that can trap any size soul.

If it's the same item it was in Oblivion, it's very useful. It does exactly what it says it does. It's a reusable soul gem that can trap any size soul.

Figured, thanks.

Not sure if anyone else knows about this, but if you have the Strange Amulet from the "Blood on Ice" quest, you can sell it to Calixto for 500 gp, pickpocket it back, and repeat as much as you want. Great for money and good for pickpocketing leveling.

In that vein, trainers that can be recruited as followers are exceptionally useful because you can take the money back out of their inventories after they train you.

Figured, thanks.

Not sure if anyone else knows about this, but if you have the Strange Amulet from the "Blood on Ice" quest, you can sell it to Calixto for 500 gp, pickpocket it back, and repeat as much as you want. Great for money and good for pickpocketing leveling.

pickpocketing in general is incredibly easy.

that quest glitched for me. I was never able to start it properly. Ultimately I think I pickpocketed the key to the house off some lady there, went inside the house and found all those fliers, the necklace, and that secret room. Nothing ever appeared in my quest log and unlike most quest items, I can sell the necklace to anyone.

@whoever:

Black star owns. Get it by taking it back to the necromancer.

@josh:

Power level enchanting by stealing/buying petty/lesser/greater/common soul gems from the mages in their rooms and shit at winterhold. best done at night so they're all there. Spend all your money on gems and hopefully you saved your iron daggers from smithing. Enchant the daggers with enchants like banish/paralyze/steal life (there are a few more, I used banish for its high value). Best place to sell the enchanted daggers is at the main fence for the thieves guild. If you've completed the quest line and restore the guild to its former glory (ie done the *entire* quest line), the main fence has 4k gold and the 3 armor/weapons vendors who now occupy the empty space down there have 1000-1250 each. waiting 48 hours resets their stock. When selling stuff make sure to buy lockpicks off the girl. she stocks like 30 at a time. Your follower can carry like 250 units of weight.

If you can't afford a ton of gems at first just get the cheap ones and steal whatever you can. you'll make money doing it.

I haven't had time to play, so I'm still lvl 6, so I haven't finished any of those questlines yet. I'm currently working on the Winterhold College questline.

In that vein, trainers that can be recruited as followers are exceptionally useful because you can take the money back out of their inventories after they train you.

I'll have to remember that when I get to that point.

Figured, thanks.

pickpocketing in general is incredibly easy.

that quest glitched for me. I was never able to start it properly. Ultimately I think I pickpocketed the key to the house off some lady there, went inside the house and found all those fliers, the necklace, and that secret room. Nothing ever appeared in my quest log and unlike most quest items, I can sell the necklace to anyone.

@whoever:

Black star owns. Get it by taking it back to the necromancer.

Using that method, I went from 46 to 100 pickpocketing in less than 40 minutes. I also made about 20k cash in the process. At the start, it took me like 1 in 5 tries to steal it back since it was like a 47% success chance, but once I got to around lvl 56, I was successful just about every time. :|

I suppose that glitch isn't too bad for you since it's valued at 1000, so you can get pretty close to 500 for it. Also, I got the Black Star, I just don't know anything about enchanting, really.

Edited by Knightmare25

Went from 23 to 100 smithing in a little over an hour by making iron daggers and hide bracers. :|

Do you guys value heavy or light armour more? Full dragon is 148 armour and weighs 79, while dragon scale has 126 armour and only weighs 26. Can't figure out which one I should use.

Edited by Knightmare25

As of yet, I've focused almost entirely on increasing my destruction level, which is why my total level is still so low. I want to say I'm at 38ish destruction at lvl 6.

As of yet, I've focused almost entirely on increasing my destruction level, which is why my total level is still so low. I want to say I'm at 38ish destruction at lvl 6.

That's how I was, and then I found the pickpocketing/money trick, and then I figured I'd use the money to get smithing really quick. I went from lvl 14 to lvl 30 in the span of about 3 hours.