Elder Scrolls V

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I'm building up my endgame gear set and was wondering what you kids think:

I have Fortify Destruction/Restoration 25% on my ring, necklace, chest, and head. I was thinking maybe muffle and carry weight on my boots. Haven't decided on gaunts yet. Maybe another dose of carry weight. Anyway, what do you pure mages have as enchantments other than your two free schools?

After sleeping on it, I'm thinking Muffle/Carry Weight for my boots and Carry Weight/Fortify Magicka for my gaunts. Any objections?

That's what I did. Muffle is great.

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of armor I want to use. Basically, it's a function of wearing what looks the best *and* meets the max armor cap of 567, preferably without a helm (having a pure mage with a covered face is just unacceptable to me, so I'd prefer to wear a circlet).

I'd probably like to avoid Daedric, as I spent the entirety of Oblivion wearing Daedric. Plus, I'm not crazy about how they made it asymmetrical. I'm considering Bone, Scale, and Ebony, but I don't even know if it's a decision, as I don't know if I can get Scale and/or Ebony up where I need it to be without a helm (without glitching the enchanting system to hell and back).

Edited by Joshjrn

Just get it modded saves all the trouble.

If by modded you mean altering the stats of the set, that's not really my jam. I'll mod how the set looks, and I'm considering modding the Nightingale set so it doesn't come already enchanted, but that's about my limit.

I went with Muffle/Carry on the boots and Carry/Fortify Heavy Armor on the gaunts. I needed the Armor boost to get myself up to the armor cap with Ebony sans helm, and the enchanting effects for gaunts were rather uninspiring for a pure mage, anyway (Fortify Magicka aside, which I really didn't need).

I look fucking sexy :otvnaughty:

Edited by Joshjrn

I've always been a heavy armor wearer, so it didn't phase me, as long as my face isn't covered. That said, I'd probably do Nightingale if I it came unenchanted and could be tempered with bonuses from the Smithing tree. That shit is gorgeous.

I've always been a heavy armor wearer, so it didn't phase me, as long as my face isn't covered. That said, I'd probably do Nightingale if I it came unenchanted and could be tempered with bonuses from the Smithing tree. That shit is gorgeous.

I know. Some of the best looking armor had enchantments I didn't want. :(

Josh, post pictures of your character.

Tonight. I doubt I'll have time at any point today. Anything in particular you're looking for? :P

Just want to see what you're wearing. Maybe a couple of different angles and whatnot.