Elder Scrolls V

Scott

Josh, what Destruction spells do you use?

In spite of having 75 Destruction, I'm only lvl 20, so I don't have a ton of magika. As such, I use Firebolt (completely perked out) against Trolls and Draugr and Lightning Bolt (also completely perked out) against pretty much everything else. I can dual cast Lightning Bolt eight times before I have to regen (staggering each time). I can only dual cast Thunderbolt once. As of now, the only time I consider using my Expert level spells are against foes (like landed dragons) that are next to impossible to miss. And even then, sometimes I just stick with my Apprentice spells.

If I'm getting mobbed, I'll bring out Fireball/Chain Lightning. As of yet, I've completely neglected the Frost line as too many NPCs have resistances. I only carry Frostbite to unlock elemental doors.

Edited by Joshjrn

I've been getting by with 55 Destruction by dual-casting Flames or Sparks and using Firebolt and Lightning Bolt against stronger enemies, and Chain Lightning against a group. Wanted to see if there were superior spells.

Any good method for collecting Grand souls?

I've been getting by with 55 Destruction by dual-casting Flames or Sparks and using Firebolt and Lightning Bolt against stronger enemies, and Chain Lightning against a group. Wanted to see if there were superior spells.

Any good method for collecting Grand souls?

Kill mammoths.

Frankly, I prefer filling my Black Star with people. They tend to be more common than mammoths :reporter:

Thanks. One last noob question.

How do you stack enchantments to get the 0 Destruction cost? Using Grand Souls, I was only able to get a total of -13% destruction cost between my armour and helmet. It won't allow me to do the enchantment for any other armour pieces. :l

As of today, I've pretty much completely upgraded to Thunderbolt from Lightning Bolt. Ascendant Mages can deal too much damage, and I was having to fight them too perfectly, to use Lightning Bolt. Plus, I've got enough reductions in place so far that I can dual cast Thunderbolt six times.

Stronger magic sucka.

Try to use that silly Master spell on me. See how fast you find yourself stunned and dead.

At this point, you having a few levels over me wouldn't help much (I'm lvl 90). It would be gamer skill :youmad:

Then you would be screwed. :trollface:

I was thinking more of the higher enchantments and larger mana/health pools that would be a bigger difference.

You would certainly have an advantage in health. As for the magika, I wasn't expecting the fight to last that long :reporter:

That said, I've been leveling like a crazy person, and tomorrow will be another no-life day. I'll be nipping at your heels soon :trollface:

Out of curiosity, what are your stats?