A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

Every time I see a new post in this thread I get my hopes up that book 6 has been announced.

I told you the book releases are being scheduled around the TV show. Wait for all pf the (non-Hodor) story arcs to catch up first. Actually it's expected that some of the TV show will go beyond what has happened in the books (as the TV show is chonological). But no Hodor this year :(

Every time I see a new post in this thread I get my hopes up that book 6 has been announced.

I told you the book releases are being scheduled around the TV show. Wait for all pf the (non-Hodor) story arcs to catch up first. Actually it's expected that some of the TV show will go beyond what has happened in the books (as the TV show is chonological). But no Hodor this year :(

Why no Hodor?

Why no Hodor?

Brans story at this point is pretty much caught up to the books. Same with Sansa. Anything they do with those two at this point will either be spoilers from the unrealeased book or just totally made up. Hodors actor said he won't be in this next season.

Why no Hodor?

Brans story at this point is pretty much caught up to the books. Same with Sansa. Anything they do with those two at this point will either be spoilers from the unrealeased book or just totally made up. Hodors actor said he won't be in this next season.

Ah, glad to hear this. Don't watch the show but glad they didn't decide to push things farther ahead just not to cut out a character's story.

Why no Hodor?

Definitely not caught up!

Bran needs to get trained by the tree god guy.
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the show is great. It obviously can't cram as much detail in as the novels can, but it does well enough. The parts where it deviates from the book I've so far mostly enjoyed.

Is the show worth watching, and how does it compare to the books? Do the deviate from the story or is it on the same track?

The book is amazing and the show is great.

Is the show worth watching, and how does it compare to the books? Do the deviate from the story or is it on the same track?

The book is amazing and the show is great.

Agree on the book, guess I'll have to watch the show.

The parts that aren't in the books, that they add to the shows, usually are pretty damn great scenes. I really enjoyed the Tywin/Arya scenes, which are not in the books.

I really enjoyed the Tywin/Arya scenes, which are not in the books.

Was going to mention these specifically. 

Also, the casting is friggen' amazing across the board.